Thread: DW Performance series

User Info Menu

Default DW Performance series

hello, i just get a new set of DW Performance series and I want to ask you guys if the clear/coated drum head that is default installed is ok or I have to change it with something good. as far as I know, they put drum heads only for presentation reasons but the drumheads looks ok thank you!

User Info Menu

Default Re: DW Performance series

not a fan of the frosted DW heads

remo emperors i find sound good on any kit

User Info Menu

If you tune them up and like them why not use them? If not why not change them?
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

DW will come with good heads from the factory being they are one of the top quality sets. I would just tune those and rock them till they can't be rocked anymore. Save some coin.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    DW will come with good heads from the factory being they are one of the top quality sets. I would just tune those and rock them till they can't be rocked anymore. Save some coin.
    This. +1.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by porkpieguy View Post
    this. +1.
    +2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    +2
    +3 ?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bish View Post
    +3 ?
    +4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by porkpieguy View Post
    This. +1.
    Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    +3 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    +4
    It's a consensus..........now you have to keep them on!

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum aliosha. The DW Performance kit comes stock with Remo USA closed crimped heads that are preferred by John Good, Senior Vice President, of DW drums. He states that he prefers the closed crimp or "flesh" crimp opposed to an open channel epoxy design that's standard for Remo USA heads because of better durability. There's quite a bit of debate on which is better; closed crimp verse open channel epoxy but as the other member have stated, save your money and get some use out of the stock heads. Here's a comparison between a closed crimp head and an open channel epoxy head. The closed crimp head in the pic below is made in Taiwan and are designated as Remo UT (T=Taiwan). The Remo USA head is designated as Remo USA (A=America). Here's a related thread I started a few months ago.

http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ght=Remo+heads

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Welcome to the forum aliosha. The DW Performance kit comes stock with Remo USA closed crimped heads that are preferred by John Good, Senior Vice President, of DW drums. He states that he prefers the closed crimp or "flesh" crimp opposed to an open channel epoxy design that's standard for Remo USA heads because of better durability. There's quite a bit of debate on which is better; closed crimp verse open channel epoxy but as the other member have stated, save your money and get some use out of the stock heads. Here's a comparison between a closed crimp head and an open channel epoxy head. The closed crimp head in the pic below is made in Taiwan and are designated as Remo UT (T=Taiwan). The Remo USA head is designated as Remo USA (A=America). Here's a related thread I started a few months ago.

http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ght=Remo+heads

great information

User Info Menu

DW's stock heads actually seem a step above the kind that most other brands use. You have those rings built in for a little extra tone control, but it's not too much. I wouldn't say they perform as well as a design equivelant from another company like Aquarian, Evans or Remo - but they're good for stock head quality.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments