Thread: Thoughts on the new Mapex Saturn V

User Info Menu

Default Thoughts on the new Mapex Saturn V

I really haven't seen much on here about it.... The only difference I can see is that they recut some of the bearing edges and adjusted some of the mounts to help increase resonance and decay.If there's anything else I may have missed about them let me know.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Thoughts on the new Mapex Saturn V

Quote Originally Posted by PeterBowman View Post
    I really haven't seen much on here about it.... The only difference I can see is that they recut some of the bearing edges and adjusted some of the mounts to help increase resonance and decay.If there's anything else I may have missed about them let me know.
    I think your post accurately sums up the changes - one good thing I have noticed is that many retailers in the UK seem to be trying to clear the stock of Saturn IVs and dropping to prices to 'mid range' levels. Now may be a good time to buy if you don't mind not having the latest model.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crispycritters View Post
    I think your post accurately sums up the changes - one good thing I have noticed is that many retailers in the UK seem to be trying to clear the stock of Saturn IVs and dropping to prices to 'mid range' levels. Now may be a good time to buy if you don't mind not having the latest model.
    very true..........now just to see if the wife is on board financially...the Saturns are the set I am going to get...this could be the time price wise. Especially since I rarely see them used.

User Info Menu

very true..........now just to see if the wife is on board financially...the Saturns are the set I am going to get...this could be the time price wise. Especially since I rarely see them used.
    Good luck getting the 'financial approval'. I just went through that experience with my wife for the new kit I bought ((it was approved!). Those Saturn V kits are really nice - hope it works out for you!

User Info Menu

the Saturns are the set I am going to get...this could be the time price wise.
    I sent you a PM.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)