Thread: About "Hart" electronic drum pads

User Info Menu

Default About "Hart" electronic drum pads

Hi folks, newbie here......Can anyone tell me what sound module I can use with my set of "Hart" drum pads....I got a set of used Hart pads from a friend but no module and I would like to get these working if possible....Any help would be appreciated.....Thanks, John

User Info Menu

Default Re: About "Hart" electronic drum pads

Welcome to Drum Chat.

I owned a Hart 64 several years ago and used a Roland TD-8 with it. Worked great.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Since you picked up the pads used I'll guess budget is an issue. If you want to go new, I'd look at the Yamaha DTX502. You can get it for under $250, it will set up a full e-kit and has room for 4 expansion pads. I just did an acoustic-to-electric conversion with this module and I really like it. You'll have to verify that it can handle Hart pads but I wouldnt think that should be an issue.

User Info Menu

Thanks Bish and G Man......I appreciate your input....I will look into both suggestions....The pads I have were given to me for nothing so I thought I may as well try to use them strictly for practice at home....Don't want to spend more than I have to to get them working.....