Thread: Stagg Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Stagg Cymbals

After fussing over those awesomely expensive Z Customs and so on, I thought "hell with it, I'll just go buy a cheap crash". So I went into town, took out £50, and went off to the music shop. I asked for a 14" crash and the staff demoed all of them. I fell in love with this Stagg cymbal - handmade 14" medium crash. I had my drum lesson last week and I remember the sounds his Z Customs made, and this cymbal reminded me so much of it it was uncanny. The tones on it are beautiful, it has so much projection (it does have a bit of overtone but I don't mind).
    What's more, it was cheaper than a ZBT crash cymbal and sounded 10 times better! Has anyone else heard off Stagg, cos I felt like I got a really good deal here!
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Casey Grillo of Kamelot uses them, thats all I know about Stagg.
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Cool Stagg

Look no further, mate! Here's the website:

http://www.staggmusic.com/?request=products
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

ive heard alot about em, but still havnt heard em. alot of mixed reviews. however i never take internet reviews too seriously. some are noobs that dont know any better, others are gear whores that wont admit anything is as good as what they use. the only opinion i can make of it all without hearing them is that they are prolly a good value. good luck with it and let us hear it and know how it takes to a few months abuse and such.

User Info Menu

They have some of their splashes for sale at my local music store. Very cheap and í might get one next time im gonna buy cymbals. (after christmas)

Although i must say that the overtones on there crashes were a bit too much for my taste.
    Last edited by vinnysimmo; 10-22-2007 at 02:14 PM.