Thread: Ludwig Drum Prices from 2014 to 2015

User Info Menu

Default Ludwig Drum Prices from 2014 to 2015

What's up with Ludwig?? About 13 months ago in 2014 I got a quote for a Legacy kit at $2999 + tax. At that time i wasn't ready to buy. Now 13-14 months later in 2015 i am ready and I get a quote for the exact same thing but now it's $4499 + tax and it's only a 4 piece shell pack !!! That is crazy insane! and highway robbery !! Needless to say, Ludwig can keep them for that amount and I will find it on ebay for a fraction of the cost. Even with the cost on the dollar, and drop in oil prices how can you justify that difference ?????!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ludwig Drum Prices from 2014 to 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Music72 View Post
    What's up with Ludwig?? About 13 months ago in 2014 I got a quote for a Legacy kit at $2999 + tax. At that time i wasn't ready to buy. Now 13-14 months later in 2015 i am ready and I get a quote for the exact same thing but now it's $4499 + tax and it's only a 4 piece shell pack !!! That is crazy insane! and highway robbery !! Needless to say, Ludwig can keep them for that amount and I will find it on ebay for a fraction of the cost. Even with the cost on the dollar, and drop in oil prices how can you justify that difference ?????!!!!!!
    I can find many retail dealers that will happily sell any Ludwig provision for 60% of the MSRP.
    You don't make it clear in your post if you got quotes from different drum shops or what, but a 50% increase in Legacy is not factual............something here is confusing.
    In 5 minutes I found a 4 pc. shell pack (12, 13, 16, 22) for $3080 from a place that will bargain with you.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    I can find many retail dealers that will happily sell any Ludwig provision for 60% of the MSRP.
    You don't make it clear in your post if you got quotes from different drum shops or what, but a 50% increase in Legacy is not factual............something here is confusing.
    In 5 minutes I found a 4 pc. shell pack (12, 13, 16, 22) for $3080 from a place that will bargain with you.
    I'm finding the exact same items. I wish I knew what the heck he's looking at. Apparently, his "Google-Fu" is not strong.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Looking for Green Sparkle

26x14
    18x16
    16x16
    14x10

B/O Badges
    Curved Spurs

One shop (I'm in Canada) Other shops just wanted even more, lowest
    quote I received.

Thanks

User Info Menu

26x14
    18x16
    16x16
    14x10

B/O Badges
    Curved Spurs

quote I received.

Thanks
    Send me a PM.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

26x14
    18x16
    16x16
    14x10

B/O Badges
    Curved Spurs

quote I received.

Thanks
    I live in Canada as well and what I think you are seeing is the huge difference in the US / Cdn exchange rate between last year and now. I recently bought a USA drum kit that was on the floor in a Canadian drum shop. Being as the the kit was acquired by the store before the the exchange rate went nuts, I got it for $500 cheaper than if the exact same kit had to be ordered now from the supplier.This may explain, at least partially, the big rise in price you are seeing.

User Info Menu

Looking at the sizes and the choice of colour - is it priced high because of the 'Bonham' sizes? I'm not sure about the US/Canada but in general prices for drum gear in the UK don't seem to have changed much in the last year or two. If prices have increased its only by a small amount - certainly not anything like the 50% price hike you are quoted

When you last checked the prices - was it for an identical size and coloured shell pack? I wonder if the Bonham sizes have any relevance to the pricing policy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ludleg View Post
    I live in Canada as well and what I think you are seeing is the huge difference in the US / Cdn exchange rate between last year and now. I recently bought a USA drum kit that was on the floor in a Canadian drum shop. Being as the the kit was acquired by the store before the the exchange rate went nuts, I got it for $500 cheaper than if the exact same kit had to be ordered now from the supplier.This may explain, at least partially, the big rise in price you are seeing.
    USA has a strong dollar right now so I think you are correct...........SOME of the difference.
    I found his exact color and sizes for way less than $4499.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

Is it for a different make of kit or Ludwig Legacy ?

User Info Menu

Is it a different make of kit ? or Ludwig Legacy?

User Info Menu

I just bought a shell from U.S.A. To Canada. Pretty painful, add 25 cents to every dollar.

Good time for you Americans to buy my drums though.
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    USA has a strong dollar right now so I think you are correct...........SOME of the difference.
    I found his exact color and sizes for way less than $4499.
    Please email me, doesn't allow me to PM you ...??