Thread: FINALLY! One of THOSE gigs....

User Info Menu

Default FINALLY! One of THOSE gigs....

We FINALLY had one of those gigs tonight that makes it all worth while. It was our 2nd time at a local bar, and we were "on fire". Everyone played up to their potential, and we had the best night ever. I'm so proud of everyone in the band . There wasn't a ton of people (regular crowd), but the ones that were there stayed all night and partied hard. The dance floor was packed and people were screaming and clapping for us. Even the bar owner was dancing and screaming, LOL. We got the most amazing complements from everyone and even a standing ovation of sorts at the end of the night.

It feels good to know that, as local musicians, we can be appreciated. It also feels good to know what we're capable of when we all play up to our abilities. It makes all the hard work and "off nights" worth while.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Default Re: FINALLY! One of THOSE gigs....

I wish that I was there. I love watching bands and parties. Sounds like a fun night.

User Info Menu

Nice

all the best...

User Info Menu

That's awesome. Congrats!

User Info Menu

From a band perspective, those nights are reward for hard work.
    Glad you guys enjoyed it.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

And that's why we do it.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Congrats! Gotta love it when it all comes together. Hopefully it's just the start of even better things to come.

User Info Menu

Awesome, good to hear of the success stories from time to time.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

those are the best nights! When everything just comes together! Nice work man!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    And that's why we do it.
    ^this!
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Thanks guys! We've been through a lot of member changes in the last year or two. It really sets you back when you need to re-establish the groove with new people and re-learn songs. Being able to all connect with each other and feel the music as a group is what makes all the difference. Our lead singer has also suffered from occasional seizures, which physically drains him and effects his mental awareness for weeks. In addition, we re-worked our set list. I introduced more Chicago style Blues and classic rock to bring the energy of the show up. Everything finally fell into place a few weeks back. The last several gigs went really well and we keep improving. I know we'll have plenty more bad days/gigs, but I know now that we've found the right mix of music and members.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Sounds like you've realized your fantasy band.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Yep, gigs like that don't come along that often, but once in a while the stars align and you
    realise why you slog away on lesser nights. When it all comes together there really is no better feeling!
    A-kit: Mapex 6-pc Saturn V in Deep Water Maple Burl
    1976 Ludwig Supraphonic 400, DW Design Black Nickel over Brass and Black Panther Velvetone snares
    14" Zildjian A Mastersound hi-hats
    21" Meinl Byzance Transition Ride
    18" Sabian AAX China
    Many Paiste Signature cymbals!
    Roland SPD:ONE Percussion pad

Protection Racket cases

E-kit: Roland TD-12 with VEX

User Info Menu

it's great when that happens.
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Nothing worse than playing a "bad" gig after all the time and effort you put into your craft. Glad you had a great one...feed off of it and hopefully you'll have many more!