Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Red Dirt Mountain

User Info Menu

Default Re: Red Dirt Mountain

We did a little thing last Sunday in Covington,GA to help raise money for someone that died from a workplace accident. A welding accident.

COV.jpg
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Nice pic. Thanks for posting.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Cool looking snare. Is it a bell brass shell?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Nice pic. Thanks for posting.
    Thanks Bish not trying to be a ham by not showing the rest of the band... but we are the drummers

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Cool looking snare. Is it a bell brass shell?
    thanks Rich .. it's just a regular Pearl brass FF snare.. the Taiwan version. My first Pearl brass was when they were still in Japan non FF drum. Still have it. Bought it brand new special order around 90 from Skip's. Besides the heavy patina that has accumulated on the shell over the years it probably still sounds good. Just haven't used it in awhile.
    Last edited by slinky; 05-03-2019 at 07:37 AM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Welding accident? Electrocution? Welding on a pressure vessel?
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

hey Brian, he was welding inside a trailor. One of the reefer kind. There's material inside the walls or on the walls (not sure) that's highly flammable. It ignited and he couldn't escape out. That's how bad that stuff is. I asked how could he not run out but was told when and if that stuff goes up it's bad.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Wow. That’s terrible. Very sad to hear. I’m guessing it was the insulation...probably petroleum based.
    My brother was once cutting the cab corners out of an old pickup with a torch. Appearantly, the prior owner had attempted to fill the rust holes with that “Good Stuff” spray foam...and filled the entire rear cab pillar with it. As soon as the flame hit it, the cab was an instant fireball. He was lucky he didn’t catch his entire shop on fire. Nasty stuff.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Thanks Bish not trying to be a ham by not showing the rest of the band... but we are the drummers

thanks Rich .. it's just a regular Pearl brass FF snare.. the Taiwan version. My first Pearl brass was when they were still in Japan non FF drum. Still have it. Bought it brand new special order around 90 from Skip's. Besides the heavy patina that has accumulated on the shell over the years it probably still sounds good. Just haven't used it in awhile.
    Are you guys selling merch at your shows? I see a Red Dirt Mountain T--shirt hanging above the "Mahalo" guitar amp. If you are, I'd like to buy one and sport it around Sac....maybe even wear it to Skips on my next trip to the drum store....

COV.jpg
    Last edited by late8; 05-07-2019 at 09:48 AM.

User Info Menu

Hey Rich, yes we have a couple different styles. That one in the picture and another one.. that would be totally cool man! I will find a pic of the other one
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Hey Rich, yes we have a couple different styles. That one in the picture and another one.. that would be totally cool man! I will find a pic of the other one
    Cool! PM'd

User Info Menu

RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Like!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Well we finally have another show.. this is the first summer since I joined the band a few years ago that we haven't been playing steadily through the summer. I won't lie though, It's been kinda nice. The whole summer gig stuff sweatin during load in, during the show and during load out i can do without.

This ones easy. The stage is next to the front door.

https://m.facebook.com/events/464413...26&__tn__=HH-R
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

We will be celebrating the life and times of Ray Parks on December 22nd. Ray passed away after a stroke. He was a kind gentle man and super talented guitar player.. r.i.p.

safe_image.php.jpg

74412331_10206329734357831_5520572407603003392_n.jpg
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Man, so sorry to hear about this Slinky. The words kind and gentle resonate. Life just doesn't seem fair sometimes. Peace be with you my fellow drum brother.

User Info Menu

Thank you Tom... i apologize for the other post.

It's been a trying year for dealing with past and present bandmate deaths. 2 is just too much.
    Last edited by slinky; 12-17-2019 at 06:32 AM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Wow what an afternoon... the show for Ray went great. So many good drummers and they all played my kit!. I had some anxiety building up waiting to play but once we got rolling in the first song it went away.

Hope to find some pics and maybe video to put up later.

I was happy to let everyone play my stuff.. i was really curious to hear what it all sounded like out front and it didn't sound too bad at all. A couple of guys brought some of thier own stuff which was cool.
    Last edited by slinky; 12-22-2019 at 08:23 PM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Hey guys hope you all are doing good..

Found video from 2016.. next time I will place camera better to get everybody.. Slim was out of veiw ☹

Last edited by slinky; 06-28-2021 at 08:04 AM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Awesome! Those outdoor gigs are fun. Glad you have this wonderful memory on video!

User Info Menu

Thanks Tom! Yes it's fun to film ourselves to look back on from time to time.. I'm lucky to have a lot of stuff from the 90's still on VHS I'd like to get converted over before something happens to the tape.

Have a great 4th of July brother.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN