Drum Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Red Dirt Mountain

User Info Menu

Default Re: Red Dirt Mountain

We did a little thing last Sunday in Covington,GA to help raise money for someone that died from a workplace accident. A welding accident.

COV.jpg
    RED DIRT MOUNTAIN
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian REGAL TiP

User Info Menu

Nice pic. Thanks for posting.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Cool looking snare. Is it a bell brass shell?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Nice pic. Thanks for posting.
    Thanks Bish not trying to be a ham by not showing the rest of the band... but we are the drummers

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Cool looking snare. Is it a bell brass shell?
    thanks Rich .. it's just a regular Pearl brass FF snare.. the Taiwan version. My first Pearl brass was when they were still in Japan non FF drum. Still have it. Bought it brand new special order around 90 from Skip's. Besides the heavy patina that has accumulated on the shell over the years it probably still sounds good. Just haven't used it in awhile.
    Last edited by slinky; 05-03-2019 at 08:37 AM.
    RED DIRT MOUNTAIN

User Info Menu

Welding accident? Electrocution? Welding on a pressure vessel?
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

hey Brian, he was welding inside a trailor. One of the reefer kind. There's material inside the walls or on the walls (not sure) that's highly flammable. It ignited and he couldn't escape out. That's how bad that stuff is. I asked how could he not run out but was told when and if that stuff goes up it's bad.
    RED DIRT MOUNTAIN

User Info Menu

Wow. That’s terrible. Very sad to hear. I’m guessing it was the insulation...probably petroleum based.
    My brother was once cutting the cab corners out of an old pickup with a torch. Appearantly, the prior owner had attempted to fill the rust holes with that “Good Stuff” spray foam...and filled the entire rear cab pillar with it. As soon as the flame hit it, the cab was an instant fireball. He was lucky he didn’t catch his entire shop on fire. Nasty stuff.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Thanks Bish not trying to be a ham by not showing the rest of the band... but we are the drummers

thanks Rich .. it's just a regular Pearl brass FF snare.. the Taiwan version. My first Pearl brass was when they were still in Japan non FF drum. Still have it. Bought it brand new special order around 90 from Skip's. Besides the heavy patina that has accumulated on the shell over the years it probably still sounds good. Just haven't used it in awhile.
    Are you guys selling merch at your shows? I see a Red Dirt Mountain T--shirt hanging above the "Mahalo" guitar amp. If you are, I'd like to buy one and sport it around Sac....maybe even wear it to Skips on my next trip to the drum store....

COV.jpg
    Last edited by late8; 05-07-2019 at 10:48 AM.

User Info Menu

Hey Rich, yes we have a couple different styles. That one in the picture and another one.. that would be totally cool man! I will find a pic of the other one
    RED DIRT MOUNTAIN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Hey Rich, yes we have a couple different styles. That one in the picture and another one.. that would be totally cool man! I will find a pic of the other one
    Cool! PM'd

User Info Menu

RED DIRT MOUNTAIN

User Info Menu

Like!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Well we finally have another show.. this is the first summer since I joined the band a few years ago that we haven't been playing steadily through the summer. I won't lie though, It's been kinda nice. The whole summer gig stuff sweatin during load in, during the show and during load out i can do without.

This ones easy. The stage is next to the front door.

https://m.facebook.com/events/464413...26&__tn__=HH-R
    RED DIRT MOUNTAIN