Thread: The Hangover

User Info Menu

Default The Hangover

Hi all

I posted a topic of my previous band a while ago, but we stopped, and now me and 2 friends started up a new band: The Hangover.

Check our myspace! http://www.myspace.com/thehangoverxbelgium

(sorry for the dutch on the myspace)

User Info Menu

Bafke, welcome back! Nice sound for "The Hangover." I don't know whether it might be a style thing, but one thing I might suggest it that you pick out specific words in the lyrics that deserve to be accented and conserve the cymbals just a bit (not a lot) so that you can use them at the accent points. Just a thought.

Again, though, you've got a very nice sound, and if what you are doing is all about a style, then just forget what I said, and please don't take offense!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I quite like it. But the singers voice put me off a lot.

User Info Menu

wow that is some good music, i loved the music, but the singer sounds like he is trying to much to make the voice that he is. i think he needs to project some more and just do a normal singing voice instead of trying to sound like so many bands do these days

User Info Menu

I know, in the one of the songs he doesn sound to good, but we recorded that when he had a cold, He was quite ill... We'll rerecord it soon.

User Info Menu

Cool The Hangover

Hey, Bafke!

Sounds a little strange for a drummer to say this, but I dig your bass player's (Manuel's?) work...sounds a little like 60s rock mixed with some down-and-dirty blues...

pb has a great suggestion, so give that some thought. Can't wait to hear your remake of this...might even try playin' my congas along to this tune--think they'd add to the groove!

Congrats, bro'! The wait was worth it!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

What song did you listen to? We don't really have a bass player... :p

User Info Menu

Default Re: The Hangover

Hi again! It has been quite some time, but the band still stands :D

We added a Bassplayer, Nick, and finally got ourselves together to work on a demo. We recorded early July, and now I am proud to present our 4 songs on our myspace: http://www.myspace.com/thehangoverxbelgium

Hope you check it out!

For Adrenaline, you'll probably notice the tempo changes... Well, It was on purpose at first, but eventually it didn't work out to well... Anyway, it sounds decent =)

Now Shoot!

User Info Menu

Not a bad mix,cant hear the bass though? the time movements in adrenaline need to be re worked, but you already know that, I liked most of the tunes, I wasnt too sure on the hold onto your love one i think it was called, didnt seem smooth some how, just my opinion dont get mad
    questions, how long you all been playing individually and together. how was the demo recorded?how many tracks?
    keep at it good stuff buddy.
    better than my first try many moons ago.

User Info Menu

On the poster, is that bands name really we seem to have misplaced our igloo?
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

I'm digging up some old stuff now, but to answer your question: Yes, there is a local band named 'we seem to have misplaced our igloo'.

The Hangover is on hold for the moment, we are considering just taking a new start, with a new band name (I always found our name idiotic) and a new bass player (we don't hear from the 'current' guy anymore).

I'm planning a rehearsal soon, we'll discuss our future and if we have some new material I'll share here so I can get some feedback.