Thread: Ted McKenna

User Info Menu

Default Ted McKenna

Hi, last night I met Ted McKenna, (Rory Gallagher,Alex Harvey, Michael Schenker and more!)
    Our band were the support for him, Gerry McAvoy and Marcel Scherpenzeel.
    I was lucky to watch him play for 2 hours from the side of the stage.
    After we had a chat and he asked me all about my drumming. He said I was smaller than he thought, because i played loud!
    He told me to just keep on doing what I was doing, he was a really cool guy!
    ooh and that my playing was very precise....

Here is a photo,
    I thought you would like to see.

Bridie

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ted McKenna

Good one Bridie. I've always liked SAHB and the Michael Schenker band (I didn't know Ted McKenna drummed for Rory Gallagher). Sounds like a great night - hope you had fun.

User Info Menu

Nice picture, Bridie.

User Info Menu

Lucky you Bridie. Meeting big name drummers and getting their opinions on your playing will boost your ambitions to become a good drummer. Congrats

User Info Menu

hate to admit but I don't recognize his name. But congrats either way always nice meeting big names

User Info Menu

Ted McKenna played with Gary Moore, the Michael Schenker Group, and others. He was an exellent rock drummer who could drive a band. Here is playin with Rory Gallaher who he playe with for many years.
    Rory Gallagher didn't get as much air play (radio) as other bands because he refused to shorten his songs, so you sort have to be a true rocker to be into Rog Gallagher. He's great and his music is great and his drummer is great. They ROCK.

Here is the song "Shadow Play" at Montreux.

User Info Menu

Here is Ted playing "Do You Read Me" with Rory Gallagher.