Thread: is it just me

User Info Menu

Default is it just me

Ill practice and practice a certain beat and ill finally get it down perfect ..ill come back the next day and sometimes its like ive never seen it before..

this drumming sure keeps you on your toes...

User Info Menu

Yeah, Aunkster, it's just you!

Man, that happens all the time. Don't worry though, because on day, it will just start to kick in. Everything that you've learned will suddenly start to make sense! Just keep at it, and know that better drumming is coming!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aunkster View Post
    Ill practice and practice a certain beat and ill finally get it down perfect ..ill come back the next day and sometimes its like ive never seen it before..

this drumming sure keeps you on your toes...
    It's all good aunk, I'm definitely that way sometimes..... Just keep at it and you'll see progress, I promise.

User Info Menu

The secret is to tape record it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    The secret is to tape record it.
    I'm scared to do that LOL

User Info Menu

Yes its normal..dont worry just stick to it

User Info Menu

I used to do that, now its kind of flipped on its' head though....
    I'll try for an age trying to get a beat down, or a fill or whatever, and fail miserably. Come back 20 minutes later and I can play it first go.

It's a crazy world!
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

Cool is it just me

Hey, aunkster--

try not to worry about it, bro'. In fact, you can make it worse by worrying about it, since you'll tense up as you think, "what I did yesterday was awesome--can I do it exactly the same way today?"

Just relax and keep practicing. It sounds like double-talk, but as your skills develop, you'll get more comfortable--and if you don't get it today, you'll get it tomorrow...

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

yeah id say just dont worry about it. iv worried about lots, and everybody does. i got worried about not being able to do triplet fills, doing quintuplets, staying on time, remembering fills. but all of those things i worried about seemed to leave my thoughts, you just kinda forget about the problem and move on.

User Info Menu

That happens to me often. What I do it practice a beat til i know it perfectly, then practice sumthin else til i know that perfectly, then go back to the 1st beat and practice it again. this helps me to remember it. i dont know exactly why, but it helps me, so i hope it helps you
    DRUMMERBOCK