Thread: My METAL video

User Info Menu

Default My METAL video

Ok I had to do this video, I absolutely thought this song rocked hard, so I made a video, my feet suck in this video compared to his, my kick is way to loud, but I had such a blast playing this song, I just hit play and went for it, no practice, nothing, this songs just seriously kicks.

Try not to be to harsh on me, I know it is really off, just enjoy the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YrbW6C5q2M

User Info Menu

That was awesome. Great playing as always!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

AWESOME Kev! Really really nice. I thought the bass sounded great. But then again, I love the sound of a loud deep heavy metal bass

User Info Menu

You guys are way to nice to me, thanks.

User Info Menu

Gotta give credit where credit it due Kev..... I was just talking about you to my husband, told him you were a great drummer and that, I believe, you're going to do something great in the future with your drumming.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    Gotta give credit where credit it due Kev..... I was just talking about you to my husband, told him you were a great drummer and that, I believe, you're going to do something great in the future with your drumming.....
    This sounds really gay, but what you just said, just about made me cry, i feel like a retard, but that is just the coolest thing anyone has ever said to me about my playing, thank you sue, thank you.

BTW I just booked my band at a national venue called Jimmy Z's in Seattle, everybody has played at the venue Pearl Jam, soundgarden, alice in chains, and a tons more, this is were they got there start, and now we are going to be headlining the second stage at this venue, this is really going to be incredible, it feels great, things are starting to stir a bit for my band.

User Info Menu

Kevin, that was absolutely awesome, and I'm not a fan of Metal music! I agree with Sue, you're going to be someone that we can all say, "I knew him when he was one of the guys at Drum Chat!"
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

that was awesome kev
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

how do you record you drumming kev?
    And how do you do that flammy kind of fill with the bass kick and snare? I always hear it and want to learn it but I cant figure it out.

It must be great having good gear. So many things i cant even try to learn because i dont have the gear for it? :(
    Last edited by Stevo42w; 10-24-2007 at 04:28 AM.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Great drumming as always Kev!
    And I absolutley agree with Drum Chick on this one.
    Your gonna be big !!
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pdplayer View Post
    This sounds really gay, but what you just said, just about made me cry, i feel like a retard, but that is just the coolest thing anyone has ever said to me about my playing, thank you sue, thank you.

BTW I just booked my band at a national venue called Jimmy Z's in Seattle, everybody has played at the venue Pearl Jam, soundgarden, alice in chains, and a tons more, this is were they got there start, and now we are going to be headlining the second stage at this venue, this is really going to be incredible, it feels great, things are starting to stir a bit for my band.
    Wow! Are you going to have someone video tape this? When is this happening? This is very exciting Kevin! Make sure you give us a play by play after you rock out! AWESOME!

User Info Menu

Cool My METAL video

Quote Originally Posted by Pdplayer View Post

Hey, Kev--

Sue is right, man! I'm not normally a metal dude, but I'm listenin' to your video as I'm writin' this, and you sound ready to go places! You're kickin' big-time--and even if you were a little off, that was a great job for the first time you ever played it.

Knowin' you, bro', it's only gonna get better!

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Kevin, that was absolutely awesome, and I'm not a fan of Metal music! I agree with Sue, you're going to be someone that we can all say, "I knew him when he was one of the guys at Drum Chat!"
    Seriously you guys rock, thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdavie View Post
    that was awesome kev
    Thank you man, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo42w View Post
    And how do you do that flammy kind of fill with the bass kick and snare? I always hear it and want to learn it but I cant figure it out.

It must be great having good gear. So many things i cant even try to learn because i dont have the gear for it? :(
    Well Steveo that is a really good question, that I have no clue how to answer lol, it is just something I have always done, my friends call it my signature groove, cause I do it alot, I picked it up from one of Dream Theaters tunes, were Portnoy does it at the beginning of one of there songs(can't remember which one, sorry)and I just thought it was cool, sorry I could not be more helpful.

As far as gear goes, I absolutely LOVE my kit, my cymbals, everything about my kit I love. But ya know man, with good tuning, good heads and decent cymbals ANY kit can sound great and be fun to play, and I am more than willing to help you if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbolimbo99 View Post
    Great drumming as always Kev!
    And I absolutley agree with Drum Chick on this one.
    Your gonna be big !!
    Thanks man, I really appreciate it alot.

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    Wow! Are you going to have someone video tape this? When is this happening? This is very exciting Kevin! Make sure you give us a play by play after you rock out! AWESOME!
    Sue you bet the video will be rollin, we will be playin DEC 8th @ 8pm approx, this is going to be a GREAT show.
    Has anyone ever watched the movie SINGLES? It was filmed in Seattle, when all the grunge band were coming out, well in that movie, when Alice n Chains is playin, that is the exact same club we are fixin to play in December, I am so stoked, I can't hardly stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    Hey, Kev--

Sue is right, man! I'm not normally a metal dude, but I'm listenin' to your video as I'm writin' this, and you sound ready to go places! You're kickin' big-time--and even if you were a little off, that was a great job for the first time you ever played it.

Knowin' you, bro', it's only gonna get better!

God you guys are so cool, thank you so much.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo42w View Post

What it sounds like he's doing is called quads. It's basicially doubles....he's hitting bass bass snare snare but sped up. You can do a different variation hitting only once on the bass followed by doubles on the hands. I'm not sure if he has a double pedal or is doing a double with a single pedal. It's pretty easy it just sounds complicated. Blessings........

User Info Menu

Great vid Kev!! You got me listening to Five Finger Death Punch now! LOL
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Candlelight Chaos View Post
    Great vid Kev!! You got me listening to Five Finger Death Punch now! LOL
    Rock on man

User Info Menu

hm i thought thats how it looked but thought i would check because how i wasnt thinking and playing in my head wasnt making the right sounds to what he had.

How do you record your videos kev?
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters