Thread: looking for some advice

User Info Menu

Default looking for some advice

Hey all, basically I want to make a cover for the song space bound by eminem.
    I have never played a cover before or made one, Im not a brilliant drummer, but I really want to do this.
    I'm not after posting on YouTube or recording with equipment or anything, I just want to do it for myself.

So what I'm after is some advice and tips on where to start and how to begin the proccess of making a cover for a song, I will greatly appreciate advice given.

Thanks.

User Info Menu

Default Re: looking for some advice

Quote Originally Posted by kryptondude View Post
    Hey all, basically I want to make a cover for the song space bound by eminem.
    I have never played a cover before or made one, Im not a brilliant drummer, but I really want to do this.
    I'm not after posting on YouTube or recording with equipment or anything, I just want to do it for myself.

So what I'm after is some advice and tips on where to start and how to begin the proccess of making a cover for a song, I will greatly appreciate advice given.

Thanks.
    Hi kryptondude. I like to either play along to a loud version over the speakers or wear headphones and play along to it practicing until it feels comfortable and I get it down fairly well.

User Info Menu

Like olimpass mentioned. I play the song over and over to get the beat and listening carefully to the pauses, rolls etc. Welcome to DC

User Info Menu

Thanks guys, I have had a go and I thought it went pretty well actually
    Nothing spectacular but I was pleased for my first attempt lol