Thread: 9 Toms, 2 snares, what the hell was I thinking?

User Info Menu

Default 9 Toms, 2 snares, what the hell was I thinking?

I've been using the PDP Concept pedal for a couple of days. It feels pretty good. Tonight I'm going to go back to the Speed Cobra and see what it feels like.

User Info Menu

Default Re: 9 Toms, 2 snares, what the hell was I thinking?

Your drums all sound so good Rick. You are a master to bang away on 9 toms and 2 snares. You got the old Ludwigs sounding great man. I wish I could play like you but then I don't have the experience that you have. Always enjoy watching at work you make it look so easy. Do your neighbours hear you at all. Do you drive the girlfriend crazy playing in the basement. Just curious cause you got to be loud.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Your drums all sound so good Rick. You are a master to bang away on 9 toms and 2 snares. You got the old Ludwigs sounding great man. I wish I could play like you but then I don't have the experience that you have. Always enjoy watching at work you make it look so easy. Do your neighbours hear you at all. Do you drive the girlfriend crazy playing in the basement. Just curious cause you got to be loud.

The neighbors don't hear it at all.

The drums are right below where my GF sits to watch TV. Somehow she deals with it.

As for the 9 toms and 2 snares, I'll leave them like that for a couple of days and then go back to my usual set-up.

User Info Menu

Great job as always Rick! Thanks for sharing!

Are those toms all different sizes and are they all part of your lugwig set?
    I know you have them tuned well.

Take care my friend!
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

Giles, you need to tape yourself and let us all hear how good you are. i know that you have those MCX sounding GREAT! and I know you're a GREAT player!
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

Another one Rick!

User Info Menu

Nice setup Rick! It just adds to the creativity.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgraham798 View Post

Take care my friend!

The toms are: 12x10, 13x10, 13x12, (2) 14x10, 15x12, (2) 16x16, and a 18x16. Several are add-ons from over the years.

User Info Menu

Giles, you need to tape yourself and let us all hear how good you are. i know that you have those MCX sounding GREAT! and I know you're a GREAT player!
    Thanks jgraham but no thank you. I am pretty shy about my playing and really don't have the equipment to tape or record. Just look at Rick and figure that I am probably 30% of his ability I always been camera shy so it will never happen but thanks for the compliments .

User Info Menu

Thanks jgraham but no thank you. I am pretty shy about my playing and really don't have the equipment to tape or record. Just look at Rick and figure that I am probably 30% of his ability I always been camera shy so it will never happen but thanks for the compliments .
    I can tell you in my past experiences here that if you post a vid you may get some constructive feedback and everyone is very supportive. Nobody's intent here is to flame you and we all offer criticism in order to help each other out. I haven't been on for a while until the last week or so but I recall everyone on here just wanting to help out. I assume it's still the same from the posts I've read since being back.

And to the OP great job man. Idk what I would do with that many drums. A 5 piece is sometimes more than I can handle..
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

Thanks Jim, I appreciate that.

Take care my friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    Another one Rick!
    Another what, Spaz?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Nice setup Rick! It just adds to the creativity.
    Actually Mike, it's just more drums to hit.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by topdog63 View Post
    I can tell you in my past experiences here that if you post a vid you may get some constructive feedback and everyone is very supportive. Nobody's intent here is to flame you and we all offer criticism in order to help each other out. I haven't been on for a while until the last week or so but I recall everyone on here just wanting to help out. I assume it's still the same from the posts I've read since being back.

And to the OP great job man. Idk what I would do with that many drums. A 5 piece is sometimes more than I can handle..
    It's still the same way topdog. We just got rid of the really bad drummers, they now sleep with Luca Brasi.

Thanks topdog. That set-up is just something I throw together every couple of months for fun. It's wild have all those drums to hit.

In my gigging days, most of the time it was a 1 up, 2 down set-up.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 05-19-2015 at 04:17 PM. Reason: ===

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    In my gigging days, most of the time it was a 1 up, 2 down set-up.
    I know you gigged for a lot of years.

Do you ever miss the gigging days, Rick?
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

I know you gigged for a lot of years.

Do you ever miss the gigging days, Rick?

Yeah, sometimes, but I don't miss all the BS that surrounds it.