Thread: When you think you've got it bad.

User Info Menu

Default When you think you've got it bad.

I just learned that friend of mine's daughter caught a virus during a surgery and they had to amputate both legs below the knees and both arms below the elbows. The girl was 24 years old and a model.

We should all stop for a moment to appreciate everything we have.

User Info Menu

Wow, my deepest sympathy towards her...
    Thats a really realistic way to show how quickly everything we have can be taken and how we should appreciate every little thing we have.
    I hope she is well drummer...
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

I'd rather be dead, honestly. I can't imagine.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post

I wouldn't go that far.

That's a tough one, drummer. Yeah, I'm counting my blessing as I type this.

Shazane Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    I fully agree, that just wouldn't be living, I think people should honestly have the option of euthanasia.

User Info Menu

Cool When you think you've got it bad

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I just learned that friend of mine's daughter caught a virus during a surgery and they had to amputate both legs below the knees and both arms below the elbows. The girl was 24 years old and a model.

We should all stop for a moment to appreciate everything we have.
    Isn't that the truth, bro'?

BTW, Tom, is there any way we can help your friend's daughter?

Speaking of appreciating what you have--and how quickly it you can lose it all--I've been watchin' the coverage of the wildfires in California...it looks like they're makin' progress, but I saw TV coverage of what they called a "fire tornado"...scariest-lookin' natural phenomenon I've ever seen.

And it tore through those Malibu and San Diego neigborhoods like nobody's business!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

whoa.......
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post

Speaking of appreciating what you have--and how quickly it you can lose it all--I've been watchin' the coverage of the wildfires in California...it looks like they're makin' progress, but I saw TV coverage of what they called a "fire tornado"...scariest-lookin' natural phenomenon I've ever seen.

And it tore through those Malibu and San Diego neigborhoods like nobody's business!
    I agree with BB, Tom. Is there anything that we could do for your friend's daughter?

And BB, I have been in a neighborhood in Southern California when a fire was bearing down. It's a pretty scary thing when the police come through and tell you to evacuate or be arrested.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

That is awful, just terrible......

Please let us know if there is anything that we can do.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    Isn't that the truth, bro'?

Ya It's kinda rough/smoky living out here at the moment. I live less than 30 minutes from Malibu. However, after hearing about families losing their homes and this girl losing all her limbs, I can manage breathing this smoke and everything else I've been dealt with. In the LA area alone there's been around 10 fires going at the same time! They're getting a handle on most of them which is very good to hear. Blessings........

User Info Menu

Middleman, I used to live out in Thousand Oaks, and I know how the pyromaniacs come out of the woodwork when the Santana winds blow. I can't ever remember a year as bad as this one seems to be, although I am hearing about it from a distance.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!