Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Head change Amazing invention

User Info Menu

Default Re: Head change Amazing invention

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    By the time you get all the tension rods lined up, insert all the keys and get that spiro-graph looking gizmo out, I could have probably already been done.
    my thoughts exactly!... my local store had six of these "kits" that they were desperately trying to sell for $10 each

don't think they did

User Info Menu

Why not just pull out two keys and use both hands and work on tightening the tension rods across from one another?

By the time you get all the tension rods lined up, insert all the keys and get that spiro-graph looking gizmo out, I could have probably already been done.
    I see your point, but for me having 6 toms on new head day I think it would make things go quicker. Just getting the heads off and on, I'd still tune with the traditional drum key. I'd pay $10.00 for one.

User Info Menu

Using a cordless drill is fine for removing AND installing.
    Most half decent cordless guns have variable speed triggers, so as long as your start the thread by hand to insure they are straight, you will be fine. You don't drive them in full trigger, be smart people, although I know that asks a lot.
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

User Info Menu

I do it the old traditional way with both hands and a key or two

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by signia fan View Post
    Using a cordless drill is fine for removing AND installing.
    Most half decent cordless guns have variable speed triggers, so as long as your start the thread by hand to insure they are straight, you will be fine. You don't drive them in full trigger, be smart people, although I know that asks a lot.
    guess I need a better drill.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    guess I need a better drill.
    Technology has come a long way since 1956, lol.

User Info Menu

Technology has come a long way since 1956, lol.
    Yep. my Black and Decker is around 10+ years old........since it cost around 30 bucks back then, I've got my moneys worth from it!

User Info Menu

"be smart people, although I know that asks a lot."

Does it really?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post

Does it really?
    I think I know enough that I'm not wasting money for something I'm never going to use.... or intend to use.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

I think I know enough that I'm not wasting money for something I'm never going to use.... or intend to use.

Signia wrote that, which I thought sounded kind of smart-a$$. Although, thinking about it, he's a good guy and I don't think he meant it the way it sounded.

Does it really?

^^^^^^^^
    That was my smart-a$$ response.

User Info Menu

It was definitely smart ***. The thought that someone would grab a corded 3/8" drill and drive in tension rods at full gas, full trigger is a little ridiculous. But, I have seen some pretty ridiculous things over the years, so then maybe it is not so ridiculous. How many kids jump off their roof cause they saw it on Jackass? Brains are not passed out evenly amongst the human race.

User Info Menu

It was definitely smart ***. The thought that someone would grab a corded 3/8" drill and drive in tension rods at full gas, full trigger is a little ridiculous. But, I have seen some pretty ridiculous things over the years, so then maybe it is not so ridiculous. How many kids jump off their roof cause they saw it on Jackass? Brains are not passed out evenly amongst the human race.

I use my drill to loosen the tension rods, never to tighten them.

I also have seen some pretty dumb things in my life and Jackass was 1 of them. I watched it once, and watched a guy try something on a skateboard that Evel Knievel wouldn't do.

Brains are not passed out evenly and, I think, some people are missed completely. The thought that some of these yo-yo's are going to be running the country someday scares me a bit.

User Info Menu

They probably are Rick you never know what is hidden behind the suit. Don't want to mention any names.
    There suppose to be another Jackass movie coming out or maybe it is already out.