Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cancer

User Info Menu

Default Re: Cancer

That's great ITPP. I'm always happy to hear when someone participates in fund raisers such as you do. I'm also happy to hear your daughter is a survivor. What you described sounds extremely scary.

I just found out today our office manager is going on three week medical leave. Breast cancer. Man, when will it ever end?
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    That's great ITPP. What you described sounds extremely scary.
    To sit across a desk and hear someone tell you that your 9 year old has a brain tumor........here are your options.........well, I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. She was actually granted a wish by The Make a Wish Foundation. That's the road we were on. As I mentioned before, we're one of the lucky ones, especially considering that this was 20 years ago. Survivorship rates of childhood cancer have dramatically improved. They will only continue to do so if people actively participate in fundraising to help those way smarter than I to find a solution.
    Last edited by inthpktplayer; 06-04-2015 at 06:36 PM.

User Info Menu

You guys can take this for what it's worth, but I'm a believer and here's my story.

About 15 or more years ago I worked with a woman who liked to go to wine tasting events. She told me that she met a scientist from a pharmaceutical company. He told her his company would not approve of him telling people how good aspirin was at curing cancer.

Ever since then I have been taking 81mg a day. I went thru 2 years cat scans checking 2 spots on my lung and was written a clean bill of health.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Played a benefit for the Sacramento Chapter of the American Cancer Society's "Fun Run" a few years ago. 6:00am set-up at the state capitol with an 8:00am start time for the "Run". It was a very emotional event for me to say the least.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    You guys can take this for what it's worth, but I'm a believer and here's my story.

About 15 or more years ago I worked with a woman who liked to go to wine tasting events. She told me that she met a scientist from a pharmaceutical company. He told her his company would not approve of him telling people how good aspirin was at curing cancer.

Ever since then I have been taking 81mg a day. I went thru 2 years cat scans checking 2 spots on my lung and was written a clean bill of health.
    I've been taking a 81mg dose of Bayer aspirin for years. I take it for heart health because my doc told me to. I still had eight spots of melanoma. Thankfully, none of it has returned. Now, if the aspirin had something to do with that, awesome. If not, well, I'm still happy that I am cancer free for now.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

User Info Menu

Previous posts = like!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I've been taking a 81mg dose of Bayer aspirin for years. I take it for heart health because my doc told me to. I still had eight spots of melanoma. Thankfully, none of it has returned. Now, if the aspirin had something to do with that, awesome. If not, well, I'm still happy that I am cancer free for now.
    81mg is that the "low dose" Bayer tablet?? Thanks...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    +1! You betcha! Been taking them for years. I always find deals on them at Costco.
    Stolen from EddieV:

User Info Menu

I remember reading about garlic oil, specifically diallyl disulfide (DADS). I was reading this in the science journals at a college library. I could not believe what I was reading . Animal study after animal study, in all sorts of animals - including mice, rats, goats, and rabbits - tested a variety of ways against cancer tumors in these animals. DADS was effective in killing the cancers. But I'm not aware of doctors using DADS to treat cancer. Maybe it doesn't work in humans. But I read many studies showing it worked in animals.

User Info Menu

+1! You betcha! Been taking them for years. I always find deals on them at Costco.
    Thanks! I was really skeptical when my Dr. recommend the low dose Bayer regiment. Now you guys have chimed in, I'll look into this again.....Mucho Garcias Amigo!

User Info Menu

Pretty much considered low dose or baby aspirin. There are other brands besides Bayer. Check out your local Walmart next time you're in the store.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

User Info Menu

Pretty much considered low dose or baby aspirin. There are other brands besides Bayer. Check out your local Walmart next time you're in the store.
    Thanks fishin!

User Info Menu

+1 to that! There are definitely others out there. I always find deals at costco on the name brand stuff. It was actually cheaper than the generics.
    Stolen from EddieV:

User Info Menu

Lots of legit sites on the net talking about aspirin and cancer. Seems like there might be something to it.

User Info Menu

Vivian Campbell's Hodgkin's lymphoma has returned again. He underwent a stem cell transplant in September when it came back for the first time. I'm not to sure of his future, but I'm very thankful I got to see him play a few months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Update: Vivian Campbell will be missing the tour with Tesla and Styx.

-Mike

User Info Menu

well my friend succumbed to liver cancer yesterday...6 months from the time of diagnosis...

User Info Menu

I lost 3 grandparents to cancer. Sucks to watch anyone go through it though.
    Mapex Saturn 6 pc
    14x6 mapex stainless steel snare
    Zildjian,Paiste, Meinl
    DW5000 td4 double pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkyruss View Post
    well my friend succumbed to liver cancer yesterday...6 months from the time of diagnosis...
    I'm very sorry russ. He's in my thoughts and prayers.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Oh man, I'm sorry.

User Info Menu

I'm sorry for the loss Russ...

User Info Menu

We lost my wife's uncle in March due to a rare form of lung cancer. He was in the Navy and was around asbestos most of his life. Doctors found the cancer in his lungs on November 24th of last year (Thanksgiving Day). He passed away in March, only 4 months after he was told it was terminal.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by piratemonkey124 View Post
    I lost 3 grandparents to cancer. Sucks to watch anyone go through it though.
    We lost my wife's uncle in March due to a rare form of lung cancer. He was in the Navy and was around asbestos most of his life. Doctors found the cancer in his lungs on November 24th of last year (Thanksgiving Day). He passed away in March, only 4 months after he was told it was terminal.

Hey guys, sorry to hear about your losses.
    slot # 1

BE COUNTED!

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

User Info Menu

Here is something else that I've read in a doctors office if anyone here is interested in natural alternative type stuff.

The article stated that in order for cancer to survive it relies on carbohydrates being in the body and without them the cancer will not last.........was a longer read, I just cut to the chase.
    slot # 1

BE COUNTED!

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zickos View Post
    I am a three time survivor. Right now I am cancer free. I hope that lasts a while. Another member on here has a husband who has cancer. Haven't heard from her in a while. Won't mention her name but if she wishes to give us an update, all the better.
    Maurice, you are just about the sweetest...and I was so happy to see that you are doing well.

Jason is doing great. Diagnosed on his birthday in 2013 with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. 6 rounds of chemo, last one November 1st. Clear scans in December, and he got cancer for his birthday again in 2014. Stem cell transplant (autologous...that means he got his own stem cells back) in October. Clean scans in January, supposed to go this month for six month scans.

Strangely enough, my sister had the same type of cancer. What's so odd is that HL is the one cancer that is sibling related, rather than parent/child. In other words, if one child has it, there is a great chance of the others. I hit all the risk factors except smoking, yet my husband gets it instead....

I do agree with those of you that say its genetic...everyone on my dad's side, including him. He died of lung cancer AND Leukemia last year. My sister was diagnosed in 2001, thankfully she's been in remission for about 12 years.

To all of you that have lost loved ones, or have someone battling currently, my heart goes out to you. That includes pets - I've lost two dogs and three cats to cancer. For those of you that are survivors or currently on therapy, you have my utmost respect and prayers. In a word, cancer sucks.
    "Well-behaved women rarely make history."
    -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, 1976