Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Tour of the Whitney Nesting "Penguin" Series

User Info Menu

Default Re: A Tour of the Whitney Nesting "Penguin" Series

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Thanks MrB. Wow....great looking kit. Now you got me thinking about this wonderful method of nestling drums!
    Thank you for reading, Rich! I'm still looking at the hardware and thinking I can lighten the load/ simplify in places. This is very much a work in progress.
    A simple, elegant design is good engineering.

Axis | Ayotte | Evans | Gibraltar | Ludwig | Pro-Mark | Remo | Roc-N-Soc | SKB | Taye | Vic Firth | Whitney| Yamaha | Zildjian

User Info Menu

Thanks much for the tour MrB! Very interesting input and I agree with the mounting hardware post touching the floor to relieve the weight stress. It only makes sense. I've taken an interest in these drums several years ago but have never seen one in person. Not even at the Chicago Drum Show!
    Very cool. Thank you! I bet they sound amazing. Please post a sound file sometime if possible!
    Here's some pics I've saved of Whitney Sidekick sets.

most on one stand!
    Last edited by Olimpass; 06-12-2015 at 05:51 AM.

User Info Menu

Just came across this video on social media. I'm starting to more seriously consider selling my Ludwig Classic Maple kit now that I have the Penguins.

A simple, elegant design is good engineering.

Axis | Ayotte | Evans | Gibraltar | Ludwig | Pro-Mark | Remo | Roc-N-Soc | SKB | Taye | Vic Firth | Whitney| Yamaha | Zildjian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    Just came across this video on social media. I'm starting to more seriously consider selling my Ludwig Classic Maple kit now that I have the Penguins.

I call dibs.