Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Show off your grass mower

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show off your grass mower

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Think you need to find a new gear for that thing. I cut 2 1/2 acres in less time.
    It's old and slow. Hydro trans...which I don't care for any more.

User Info Menu

Haven't had a need to mow a lawn in 10 years. When we had the house built over 10 years ago, our plans were to put in a front and back lawn but our plans keep changing due to the continuing drought. Our home shares a private well with my in-laws and we've been cutting back on watering the 10 acres of pastureland that both houses are built on to conserve groundwater. If the well runs dry, the cost to drill another well would be astronomical.

Front yard:

Back yard:

Front of house:

User Info Menu

Wow it must be mud city when it does rain Rich. My front yard looks like yours at the moment till the grass grows. All that sand is driving me nuts with the dog ( Jazz) tracking sand in all over the house it just stick to her long fur and especially when it rains .
    By the way Rich, you have a nice house too bad you got no grass. I understand your situation with the water issues hope it improves soon for you my friend.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 06-17-2015 at 12:11 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Haven't had a need to mow a lawn in 10 years. When we had the house built over 10 years ago, our plans were to put in a front and back lawn but our plans keep changing due to the continuing drought. Our home shares a private well with my in-laws and we've been cutting back on watering the 10 acres of pastureland that both houses are built on to conserve groundwater. If the well runs dry, the cost to drill another well would be astronomical.

Front yard:

Back yard:

Front of house:

Not to joke about a drought..............but I wish I had no tgrass to mow...............I hate yard work.

My Grandma used to live in Arizona in the 80's...........most of the people had rock in their yards.........some even painted the rocks green to look like grass.

User Info Menu

what gets me is Nestle is bottling water like crazy in Sacramento area and selling it for profit while others are conserving water. Not fair at all and they get away with it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    what gets me is Nestle is bottling water like crazy in Sacramento area and selling it for profit while others are conserving water. Not fair at all and they get away with it.
    Yep, they get away with it all right. I refuse to buy or use their products just for this reason.

Oh and Rich? My whole neighborhood... everyone's yard looks like yours. My back yard is starting to get pretty weedy. Nothing I can do about it. I refuse to use water when we don't have any just to have a pretty lawn.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Wow it must be mud city when it does rain Rich. My front yard looks like yours at the moment till the grass grows. All that sand is driving me nuts with the dog ( Jazz) tracking sand in all over the house it just stick to her long fur and especially when it rains .
    By the way Rich, you have a nice house too bad you got no grass. I understand your situation with the water issues hope it improves soon for you my friend.
    Thanks for the kind words Gilles. When I had two English Bulldogs, dirt, sand, mud and dead weeds was a problem. Since we haven't had a decent winter, the delta breeze whips up the top soil and blows it everywhere. I can't open the windows on windy days due to the dust that's blown into the house. It makes no sense to waste water the dirt to keep it from blowing around.
    Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    Not to joke about a drought..............but I wish I had no tgrass to mow...............I hate yard work.

My Grandma used to live in Arizona in the 80's...........most of the people had rock in their yards.........some even painted the rocks green to look like grass.
    Butch we may invest in some sort of "rock garden" or fake turf but our biggest concern now is turning open the tap and finding that the well had gone dry. Without any rain to re-charge the underground aquifer, our well could go dry without any warning.
    Gilles it's amazing that someone came up with the idea to bottle something that comes right out of the tap to bottle it for a profit. Genius!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    Yep, they get away with it all right. I refuse to buy or use their products just for this reason.

Oh and Rich? My whole neighborhood... everyone's yard looks like yours. My back yard is starting to get pretty weedy. Nothing I can do about it. I refuse to use water when we don't have any just to have a pretty lawn.
    I here ya Mark. My in-laws need to water their lawn or else the two large oak trees would die.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    It's amazing that someone came up with the idea to bottle something that comes right out of the tap to bottle it for a profit. Genius!!
    Genius enough to actually convince people to buy their awful product. Now, if they gave it away for free, I might consider it. The only bottled water I can stand is Crystal Geyser.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

User Info Menu

Here some pics of my yard
    Front

Back

My Kioti it did a lot work for me.

Of course Jazz saying gimme the ball

User Info Menu

Nice place Gilles. That a log home?
    Nice tractor
    Nice doggy. Sit BooBoo sit.
    Now you need to build a shop for the tractor.
    “I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”

User Info Menu

Love the John Deere but unfortunately there is no dealer around my area. That is a nice machine inthpktplayer Looking at your fencing do you have horses.
    The JD has been good. It's 10 years old and still running strong. I've been thinking about getting a zero turn mower. Could probably cut my mowing time in half.

No horses. Just a lot of grass to cut.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PopsOldSkins View Post
    Nice place Gilles. That a log home?
    Nice tractor
    Nice doggy. Sit BooBoo sit.
    Now you need to build a shop for the tractor.
    I know I have been saying that to the wife since I bought it,. just can't make up my mind on what kind material to build it in
    Yes it is a Century Log Home built with cedar logs. The logs are over 100 years old. The house was moved to this location erected on a slab in 1996 and I bought in 2005. Love it nice and cool in the Summer and cozy in the Winter.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 06-17-2015 at 05:01 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    The JD has been good. It's 10 years old and still running strong. I've been thinking about getting a zero turn mower. Could probably cut my mowing time in half.

No horses. Just a lot of grass to cut.
    Ok just thought you had horses you know the 4 rail fence is usually for horses. Never seen one with the page wire though.

Yes the Zero turn would cut your mowing in half and the weed wacking too.

User Info Menu

I feel for you guys out in Cali. I hope things get better.

User Info Menu

Here's the old steed and my front yard.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post

Wow marko, beautiful place you got there!
    Stolen from EddieV:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    Wow marko, beautiful place you got there!
    Thanks brother. We moved in 2 years ago so our daughter could be closer to her grandparents. My wife and I both grew up within 15 minutes of here.

User Info Menu

Holy cow Marko, that's not a yard, that's a pasture. And a nice looking pasture at that.

User Info Menu

Dang dude! That's a really nice piece of property!!!

User Info Menu

Here some pics of my yard
    Front

Back

My Kioti it did a lot work for me.

Of course Jazz saying gimme the ball
    Wow you guys have some really nice houses!!

User Info Menu

Thank you fellas, wish we had a little more land but what we have is plenty.

User Info Menu

Thank you fellas, wish we had a little more land but what we have is plenty.
    Mark you have a beautiful piece of property and by the looks of it, lots to maintain.

Here's our mower:

Pulled by this John Deer 4310 tractor:

Front pasture:

Back pasture: (arrow is where the property ends)

Last edited by late8; 06-22-2015 at 08:56 PM.

User Info Menu

Man that is dry looking.
    When is the last time you mowed Rich?

User Info Menu

I need to find a belly mower for my wife's 47 Farmall.

User Info Menu

What is that Marko a Antique Tractor Parade. lol