Thread: Foo's show cancelled

User Info Menu

Default Foo's show cancelled

so i should have been off to Wembley - London on Saturday to see the Foo Fighters but Dave Grohl broke his leg whilst falling off stage, gutted but'll catch them again.

seen them before too so it's not all bad.
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Default Re: Foo's show cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by markthechuck View Post
    so i should have been off to Wembley - London on Saturday to see the Foo Fighters but Dave Grohl broke his leg whilst falling off stage, gutted but'll catch them again.

seen them before too so it's not all bad.
    Oh no! I sure hope he'll recover fast. Taylor isn't the only good drummer in that band.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

I read about it online. He did a few more songs before he was brought to the hospital.

His X-ray:

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    I read about it online. He did a few more songs before he was brought to the hospital.

His X-ray:

That is one nasty looking fracture!!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

User Info Menu

UPDATE: Florence and the Machine will replace Foo Fighters at UK music festival Glastonbury.

Four days after breaking his leg during a stage fall in Gothenburg, Sweden, Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl has penned a lengthy open letter explaining the fall, the extent of the injury and his regret at being forced to cancel five European shows.

"Two songs into our set at Ullevi Stadium in Gothenburg, I made a mad dash to the right of the stage during 'Monkey Wrench' to shred some tasty licks for the kids up front," Grohl wrote. "It was a beautiful night, beautiful stadium, 52,000 screaming people….dream gig! Well….wait for it….I definitely shredded something (ZING!)

"Wound up feet first over the Edge (pun intended), dropping about 12 feet, dislocating my ankle and snapping my fibula like an old pair of take out chopsticks," the singer added. "Whoopsie daisy. Not good. Without realizing the extent of my injuries, I stood up to get back onstage and crumbled like a sack of Joe Theismanns (look it up, kiddies). That expletive was B-R-O-K-E."

Grohl said he "couldn't stand the thought of such a perfect night going to waste" and asked to go back onstage after the injury. "They said I needed a cast (which was 20 minutes away at the hospital) to hold my ankle in place," the singer wrote. "So I looked my EMT, Johan, in the eyes and said, 'Well, then you’re coming up there with me right now and holding it in place until they can bring the cast here. Ready?' He stared at me wide-eyed for a second and said, “OK, let's go…"

While Grohl continued the show from a chair after medics set his leg — "Let's just say that singing our song 'Walk' with a straight face was pretty expletive hard," he wrote — he called it "the single most bizarre Foo Fighters show in the entire 20 years of being a band."

After the show, the musician was taken to the hospital to get six metal screws inserted into his leg, with doctors advising him "to lay low for a while" while he recovers. Earlier on Tuesday, the band announced that it had canceled five upcoming European shows because of the injury, including two shows at London's Wembley Stadium (June 19th and 20th) and a June 26th headlining gig at music festival Glastonbury.

"I'm really so sorry, guys. You know I hate to do it, but I'm afraid it's just not physically possible for me at the moment," Grohl wrote. "We're doing our best right now to work out a plan, so bear with us. You know we're good for our word. But for now, I need to make sure we have YEARS of gigs ahead of us…."

The singer ended his note in an apparent nod to Glastonbury's other headliner Kanye West, writing, "PS…….Kanye…..Imma let you have this one….."
    Stolen from EddieV:

User Info Menu

I watched a video on youtube... that sucks! Only two songs in. But awesome he kept with it for a bit what a beast.

User Info Menu

12ft drop!!! that's got to hurt.
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

So the term "Break a Leg" really isn't all it's "cracked" up to be.

Oh, I think I just "snapped" my string of dry posts.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Didn't the "Edge" fall off stage too?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Didn't the "Edge" fall off stage too?
    Yep he did. Bruised some ribs.
    “I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”

User Info Menu

It was just his fibula. Not even a weight bearing bone. Pansy.

User Info Menu

Frank Zappa also fell off stage at the London Rainbow venue way back in the 1970's.

It's worth mentioning because the fall crushed his voicebox, resulting in a lowering of his speech tone.

User Info Menu

Didn't Madonna take a fall as well just lately?

all the best...