Thread: Saturday Night Gig

User Info Menu

Default Saturday Night Gig

We went and played the festival-type gig last Saturday and it was actually a better situation than I had expected.............I had fun.
    The setting was a natural amphitheater in the sticks of North-Central Arkansas -- a permanent stage was built years ago with a "shell" around the back and sides in order to project the sound forward.
    Music began at noon and we were the next-to-last band to perform. We were to open for Black Oak and we got started about 8:15pm.

I used the back-line "house kit" -- it was a birch Pearl Vision set-up.
    The bass drum was great - it had a new Evans emad batter and sounded good..............the rest of the kit was tolerable, at best...........lousy cymbals and the hi-hat shaft had been cut so short it barely came up any higher than the snare drum.............weird.

First two photos are from our set -- you can get a feel for the stage and the shell out in the open theater.
    Last photo is of Jim Dandy -- I'm backstage during the Black Oak prep.......

Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Saturday Night Gig

Pics are too small

User Info Menu

Jim Dandy's slimmed up a little bit since the last time I saw him. At that time he had a good paunch going on. How did BOA do on stage?

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Very cool Ricardo! I resized and re-hosted the pics so we don't have to keep scrolling across the screen. Wow...no kidding about the hihat rod...it's chopped down pretty low.

User Info Menu

Rich :
    Many thanks for resizing the pics............you need to teach me how to do that.

I was glad to play the house kit because it would have been an enormous hassle to bring in my set............even though I had everything in the SUV just in case.
    I wound up using my sticks, my hydraulic throne, and most importantly, my fan.

GDM :
    The gut is hidden in that photo by a long leather vest.
    He still needs to drop about 50 lbs.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)