Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brasso metal polish on cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Brasso metal polish on cymbals

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    NevrDull for me. No liquids or powders to deal with. Tear off a wad and simply wipe on. If left on to dry, NevrDull will leave a light dry layer of polish. Simply buff off any remaining residue.

i use a lot of that on car parts. I'll have to try on a cymbal!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    i use a lot of that on car parts. I'll have to try on a cymbal!
    Tear off a wad and place it under an orbital buffer and gently guide the buffer around the cymbal while avoiding the logos, otherwise it takes a bit of "elbow" grease if you choose to do it by hand.

BackStreetDrums Guest

According to The Cymbal Book, By Hugo Pinksterboer...Brasso should not be used due to the ammonia in Brasso, which breaks down metal alloys..

Highly recommended: auto polishing wax...cleans, shines, buffs

User Info Menu

I've been observing a b8 crash for a while now that I polished with Brasso. I left a drop of Brasso on a spot too long and it looked a lot brighter than the rest of the cymbal. Now it's almost an orange. Brasso is off the list. I'm going to go out and buy a can of Nevr-dull tomorrow and take your advice Rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Soap and water, then hit with some Pledge.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    I've been observing a b8 crash for a while now that I polished with Brasso. I left a drop of Brasso on a spot too long and it looked a lot brighter than the rest of the cymbal. Now it's almost an orange. Brasso is off the list. I'm going to go out and buy a can of Nevr-dull tomorrow and take your advice Rich.
    Sounds like you stripped a spot of laquer off the cymbal, B8 will corrode much faster than B20 and can turn an orange(ish) colour pretty quickly if unprotected. Try using some car wax after cleaning or take Ricks advice and use Pledge (I've never tried Pledge but any product with wax that's safe to use on metal should do the same thing).
    Last edited by crispycritters; 08-02-2015 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Missed something

User Info Menu

Today I tried turtle wax bug and tar remover. It really got rid of the stick marks and fingerprints. I still plan on trying other products though. The orange spot that was forming on the b8 crash came right off with the turtle wax.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike