Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sweating in the Summer...in the eyes

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sweating in the Summer...in the eyes

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    Dang, Mark - you look like you just got off the loggin' truck!

GeeDeeEmm
    Thank you, friend!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cdeleone View Post
    Had a gig Saturday indoors at a theater when it was about 92 degrees outside and probably 85 degrees on stage - if not hotter. They don't have AC. Needless to say I was sweating my rear off. My shirt was totally soaked and I had sweat pouring down my face (quite a pretty picture, I know - sorry!). I had to take my glasses off mid set so that I could properly wipe my face. I wear wrist bands which helps, but might even start wearing a head band.
    What do you guys do in this situation when you have sweat stinging your eye balls? towel? headband? Thoughts?
    Try playing every night with 3 one thousand watt pars above your head. I was soaked form head to toe every gig I played, summer, winter, didn't matter. I had a fan on each side of my kit and a half dozen dry towels, lots of water. I sometimes wore a bandanna or headband on my head , it helped a little but the sweat still got in my eyes. I found eating less salty foods cut back on the stinging.
    Last edited by NPYYZ; 07-01-2015 at 06:27 AM.

User Info Menu

I'm going to hire a homeless guy to stand behind me and wipe my forehead during each song.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EddieV View Post

It's also very important to keep "product" out of your hair or head area. Hair Gels, Mousse or Style cremes, Hair sprays even colognes can turn into Molecular acid when you sweat and it seeps into your eyes.
    Great tip! The summer festival gigs are in full swing in my neck of the woods and the music typically starts at dusk. This time of the day brings out swarms of mosquitos looking to feed on warm bodies.

Due to the extreme drought in my area (Nor-Cal), the bird population has doubled in the urban neighborhoods as thirsty birds look for water. State and local pest abatement departments have seen a large increase of dead birds in these areas and many have tested positive with the West Nile Virus. Mosquitoes are the prime carriers of this potentially deadly virus.

Mosquito repellant with a high percentage of Deet will help keep these pests away but I found that having a fan blowing directly on me has helped ward off mosquitos since they are more prone to be attracted to the Co2 being exhaled through my nose and mouth.

If I'm wearing shorts, repellant sprayed around my ankles and the back of my legs offer great protection from bites but any repellant around my forehead is applied by hand which could seep into my eyes, and if I'm not careful, any remaining spray found on my fingers could easily be wiped into my eyes.