Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drum Shoe Product Review (dB Drumshoes)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Shoe Product Review (dB Drumshoes)

Anything light without much of a sole, or at least a flat one.
    Socks, slippers, and best of all my wrestling shoes.
    Chuck Taylors probably feel good also, but I've never owned a pair.
    My work boots feel horribly clumsy and cumbersome.
    Last edited by dave74; 01-27-2016 at 02:48 AM.

Jdrum1 Guest

I love my New Balance Minimus tennis shoes. They feel as good on the pedals as my old Puma Speed Cat's, provide more comfort when standing.

Probably the most comfortable shoe I've had. Perfect balance of support and weight.

User Info Menu

So since I have never really tried this shoe concept I went to the sporting goods store on the other side of the river from my house . I did not find the Pumas that Spaz mentioned but I did find something close . I got a pair of Adidas very similar to those mentioned here . I have a small foot (5.5) and finding shoes has been difficult . Up until my father passed away all my shoes had been custom made by him . Anyway I tried the shoes last night at the gig .
    At first they felt very comfortable . I thought "hey maybe they're on to something here ." But by the second set I was longing for a thicker , stiffer , sole . The gig was a four hours and we make our sets just a little over an hour long with long breaks and only do three sets , the last one being shorter than the first two . During the second set and the rest of the night I was fixated on the shoes and how they felt on my feet that I wasn't having fun . I kept telling myself " Dude they're just shoes ! Get over it !" LOL . But by the time I got home my feet hurt . That's never happened .
    I'm thinking maybe you guys have been using them longer than I and you have adjusted your playing style . My right toe hurts this morning . At the gig I began to curl my toe in the shoe like I was trying to grip the pedal....I don't know why !
    But I'm not one to give up and I will give them another go . I'll use them here at home and try to figure out why I was curling up my toe .
    So ... I get it . I can see why some would use this type of shoe . And I'm glad I looked into it . It may not work out for me but it is a learning experience . We are always learning...
    Rudy .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I know Steve Meisner well. Those were family bands. It was actually a lot of Swiss and Polish Polka. Lots of fun with Yodelling. Oh how I miss those days of my childhood. Everyone would dance and have the best time ever. Playing was so much fun and the crowd participation and reaction was the best. Music just isn't the same.
    Growing up in the '70s, Polka was the only live music I ever heard. The area I lived in was basically 99% Czech. Every Saturday night, my grandparents, cousins, etc., would alway head down to the tavern and party. There was always live Polka bands. There were huge dance halls located out in the middle of the country. Several times a month, there would be a huge party with multiple Polka bands. People would come from a 50 mile radius to party. Everyone from ages 2 to 102. There was always pot-luck food in the basement and a row of beer kegs. As a kid, I would pump the beer kegs and keep fresh pitchers of beer on the tables. It sounds strange now, but that was the culture. Children were an integral part of the community and were always present at celebrations.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Never played in a polka band.
    Did play with a guy who played a saw - with a bow.
    But back to the footwear thread.
    I prefer Chucks. I play with my toes so they are light to wear but have plenty of rubber at the tip.
    That reminds me of watching Anna Rizzo play (Country Joe, back in mists of the 70s). She was very charming in person too. But it was the first time I had seen a female drummer and was fascinated with her tiny sneaker-clad food on the huge Ludwig hi-hat pedal.