Thread: Blue Sky

User Info Menu

Default Blue Sky

Erin,

Clear out some space in your private messages so I can send you one.

Maurice

User Info Menu

Default Re: Blue Sky

Can you send me one too? Just for fun... I'm lonely

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    Can you send me one too? Just for fun... I'm lonely
    3 more posts and you'll be at 2468. Yes, I'm a bit on the whacked side. Your point would be???
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zickos View Post
    Erin,

Clear out some space in your private messages so I can send you one.

Maurice
    I think Erin is taking a break from DC. She's got a lot going on in her real life right now.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

I haven't seen her posts for months. I wonder how she's doing.

User Info Menu

i'm friends with her on Facebook, she looks to be fine.
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Was it Blue Sky who lost her father to Cancer last year. Does anyone know how Jason her husband is doing.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 07-17-2015 at 06:54 AM.

User Info Menu

i'll drop her a message to let her know a few people have been asking about her.

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

She says Jason is doing great. She seems to be in good spirits and from all the indicators I see, things have settled down for her.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Watch this space!!

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Well, since I have had four of you guys contact me in the last three days I guess that means I have been away too long...but its nice to be missed.

All of the above is true. It will be a year next month that my father died. It still hurts, even though we weren't really that close. It's the times that I'll see something on TV, or something happens and I go to pick up the phone to call and tell him. I had another "Dad" that I went to church with, as we were leaving the cemetery he put his arm around me and told me that he'd be my daddy now. I lost him in a freak accident in December. You could say it was a tough year.

Enough of the gloomies, onto the happy stuff....Jason is doing phenomenal. (For those reading this and wondering who he is, and why people are inquiring about him...Jason is my husband. He had a stem cell transplant last fall for re-currant Hodgkin Lymphoma.) He did so well that he was supposed to be released from the Bone Marrow Unit two days early, but the house wasn't finished so he had to stay. His Day +100 (benchmark) scans were clear, he goes for six month scans sometimes this month. I am so thankful that we have a Mayo clinic less than an hour away. I'm sure that the protocol that they used would have been the same anywhere, but the caliber of care may not have been. They truly made what could have been a scary miserable time not so bad.
    He went back to work the first week in January (a month early) and now is pretty much back to normal. The only thing he hasn't regained is energy. He was always a couch napper, but now if he sits down he's usually sleeping within 15 minutes. He also isn't able to do as much...there is no way we can go on family outings, he tires too easily. Not to mention the heat index here is usually 105+, and HUMID. His boss gave him tickets to the Pepsi 400 (it will never be the Coke Zero 400, as it will always be the Winston Cup, Bud Shoot Outs, Winston Million, etc....) and the only reason we went was because they were Daytona 500 Club tickets - indoor seating, and parking in the infield, close to the club. We were spoiled rotten. (Being in Victory Lane was awesome, too.)
    And now to me...when we were redoing everything to bring Jason home, my drum kit had to get packed up. Once he got home, I went back to work a week later. Since it was November, (and I work in a toy store) I work 5-6 9+ hour overnight shifts a week. There was one night my team was there for 14 hours. Suffice to say, there wasn't time to set my kit back up.
    So after the season was over, I pulled the drums out of storage and got them set up, but I can't say I played them much. It was so frustrating. I never did find a teacher after I "fired" my first one four lessons in, so basically there's not much I can play. I've tried the YouTube videos, and Rick was kind enough to send me a couple, but I found that I need feedback, and to be shown how to fix what I'm doing wrong. The good news is that my youngest starts kindergarten in the fall, which means I have free days! My goal is to be taking lessons again by mid-September.

So that's what's been going on in my little world. It was really great to find out that ya'll have been thinking about me. I'll try to be around more often, especially once I start playing again. In the meantime, you can look me up on Facebook, under Bluesky. And now that I have written another of my novels, I'll sign off. Miss you guys.
    "Well-behaved women rarely make history."
    -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, 1976

User Info Menu

And for the "Pictures, or it didn't happen" crowd:

I had forgotten what a pain it is to post pictures! I have a ton more, but I can only post four at once, and for some reason, the computer thinks this is four.
    "Well-behaved women rarely make history."
    -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, 1976

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    And for the "Pictures, or it didn't happen" crowd:

I had forgotten what a pain it is to post pictures! I have a ton more, but I can only post four at once, and for some reason, the computer thinks this is four.
    Awesome!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Glad to hear that you and Jason are doing well.

We all missed you, so keep in touch.

User Info Menu

Glad he is well.
    Conrad

User Info Menu

Awesome news! So how's the ekit? Still playing?