Thread: Led Zeppelin

User Info Menu

Default Led Zeppelin

Alright, I finally bullied my brother into giving me all his Zep CD's so I could burn them onto my computer (the fire came later). I've got them all up to Houses of the Holy, so a nice selection.
    Do any of you know any of the good songs to learn? I love Bonham's style but in some songs he's a little hard for me to follow at the minute, and I'm also a little lost going for the choice. I think I'll learn Communication Breakdown first because that sounds easy and good (!) but after that, any reccomendations? Thanks, because I'm having trouble with covers at the minute
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

fool in the rain.

User Info Menu

Rock and Roll is a good one, and Good times bad times.

User Info Menu

try listening to black dog... its not in a strict time but if you listen extremly carefully you can hear bonham give a quick stick click count in at the end of each break. check out good times bad times too. the triplets with the BD at the end of this song are sick!! ''Bonham is my hero''!!!!!
    TAMA Bubbinga omni-tunes. iron corbra single pedal, Sabian AAX, Vault, & Evolution cymbals, Evans drumheads

User Info Menu

If you can hold Kashmir steady without drifting for the entire eight and a half minutes, then I would suggest moving on to the tougher stuff.

Black Dog
    would be way down on the list. I was in a Zep tribute band for a year, and it's tough to play correctly.
    Last edited by Herb Utsmelz; 11-09-2007 at 04:46 PM.
    No, I still won't play Wipe Out.

User Info Menu

start with one and learn till you have no more to learn.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

It depends on how good you are, if you understand what to do on Moby Dick then 80% of the stuff on all of their albums will be easy as cake all you'd have to do is practice it. However if you're not going so good you could try and learn Black Dog that's a pretty easy song. I would recommend searching Youtube for the Bonham Shuffle as well, not 100% hard, but it's no where near easy and if you practice it and are devoted to learning it, you'll have it in a month tops.
    Last edited by Roger; 11-09-2007 at 11:08 PM.

User Info Menu

Eh, I can do the groove to Moby **** fine, have a little trouble with the ghost notes on the snare in the groove but I've got the speed down, just need to move my cowbell into a better position for me to play it in -_-

User Info Menu

Hey, it turns out today that the only copy of Rhythm I have actually has a lot of motifs used in Moby D1ck in it. I've learnt most of them, I just need to learn how to string them together, and listen to the album version for a bit longer as well. Also have been jamming along with sticks and feet to Rock And Roll and Good Times Bad Times (I can play the intro with floor tom and snare, hi hat foot and cowbell but then I get lost straight afterwards :P) and have been practicing the Bonham shuffle, or at least what sounds like the Bonham shuffle to me, but I've only worked hands and hi hat foot in so far. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, I'll try and get some down ASAP.

User Info Menu

Misty Mountain Hop!!!!

User Info Menu

Whole Lotta Love!

User Info Menu

thank you

User Info Menu

I can finally play the verse beat to Fool in the Rain. It's so rad once you get it down with doubles and all.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Hand for Bonham Shuffle are done pretty much...it's straight 8th notes on the hi hat except for the 3rd 8th note, which is a double and a lift, right? Haha...just need to work them feet in.