Thread: Booksss!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Default Booksss!!!!!!!

Ok im trying to find a couble of goods books to practice and build my speed with so does anyone have any suggestions?
    MARCHING BANDS RULE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wilddrummer View Post
    Ok im trying to find a couble of goods books to practice and build my speed with so does anyone have any suggestions?
    Stick Control by George Stone may help

User Info Menu

I Got That One^^^Very Helpful.

User Info Menu

books that will teach you inside and out of drumming is what thinking your looking for, the alfred drum method books are pretty good, those take you from quarter notes to setuplets in the first book covering things like the 5,9,13,and 17 rolls, triplets, broken 16ths, drags, syncopation, 6/8 time, ect along the way, and theirs 3 or 4 books in the series, i havnt worked with anything other than the first yet

User Info Menu

rudiments help alot.. but thats not exactly a book

User Info Menu

Here ya go:

DrumsetBooks.com

This is a great series of drum books that covers reading, rudiments, basic styles for drumset, and advanced.

User Info Menu

Stick Control is supposed to be the best for developing hand speed and such. I never really tried to understand it though.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

i have stick control but i maight get the alfred book
    MARCHING BANDS RULE

User Info Menu

Yea, make sure you look at it first, to see if its what your looking for, because i could be wrong

User Info Menu

thanks
    MARCHING BANDS RULE

User Info Menu

Stick Control is THE BOOK for gaining speed and control. It was used by Frank Zappa to audition his drummers...Only two really made i9t big with his band, Chad Wackerman and Terry Bozzio and that's because they understood the book.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Stick Control is THE BOOK for gaining speed and control. It was used by Frank Zappa to audition his drummers...Only two really made i9t big with his band, Chad Wackerman and Terry Bozzio and that's because they understood the book.
    You're leaving out Vinnie Colaiuta, one of the biggest names in drumming. Ralph Humphrey also played with Zappa and went on to play with big names as well as teach at two of the biggest drum schools in the world. There was also John Guerin, Ansley Dunsbar, and Chester Thompson... all incredible drummers.

User Info Menu

Default Booksss!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    You're leaving out Vinnie Colaiuta, one of the biggest names in drumming. Ralph Humphrey also played with Zappa and went on to play with big names as well as teach at two of the biggest drum schools in the world. There was also John Guerin, Ansley Dunsbar, and Chester Thompson... all incredible drummers.
    OLA como estas' RUMMER ARTIST (TOM) well Expressed .
    you know zappa Was Actually A VERY HOT DRUMMER * I have some storys
    to tell within the Future .All Great *