Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motivation

User Info Menu

Default Re: Motivation

I've been jamming with some guys for about a month, playing original material. We were scheduled to practice last night, so yesterday afternoon, I sat down to practice for a while. I was playing horribly! Lots of mistakes, and my timing was way off. It was 90 plus degrees, so I figured it was the heat. I resigned myself to the idea that I was not going to have a good rehearsal.

When I got to rehearsal, I found out that an attractive young woman was going to be sitting in to do background vocals, and play percussion. Needless to say, I played very well! At the end of practice I whispered to my guitarist, "Bring a female into the mix and everyone plays great!"

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=keish;654464]
    Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    I find motivation can get dampened quite simply by the heat. I can imagine in Trinidad-Tobago that it is every bit as hot or hotter than here (Bahamas) Not everywhere is (or can be) air conditioned and there's a lot of bodily and mental fatigue that goes along with that.

all the best...[/QUOTE

yesss it can be a scorcher, what styles of music you play in the Bahamas?
    To be blunt, I'm not a fan of Bahamian music. I tend to adhere to the musical styles I've grown up with. I jam when ever I can now with people that come to the island. I've had the pleasure to play with some very capable musicians in just about every style. Rock, Folk, Country, etc...even some light jazz.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jmastrodimos View Post
    I've been jamming with some guys for about a month, playing original material. We were scheduled to practice last night, so yesterday afternoon, I sat down to practice for a while. I was playing horribly! Lots of mistakes, and my timing was way off. It was 90 plus degrees, so I figured it was the heat. I resigned myself to the idea that I was not going to have a good rehearsal.

When I got to rehearsal, I found out that an attractive young woman was going to be sitting in to do background vocals, and play percussion. Needless to say, I played very well! At the end of practice I whispered to my guitarist, "Bring a female into the mix and everyone plays great!"
    Haha one of the best advice given on this forum