Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gaaaaaaas! New kit with pics! Tama Silverstar.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Gaaaaaaas! New kit with pics! Tama Silverstar.

You can buy special, clear, tacky(sticky back) printer sheets, or film, standard paper sizes, and print your own in 2 parts or more. Then trim and assemble on the reso-works really, really well on Remo vintage-look heads because the uneven coloration of the heads hides the film or sheets' edges.
    We picked a tentative band name and I printed it and stuck it on the kick as 2 pieces:
    Last edited by slinglander; 08-03-2015 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Added photo
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Thanks Ricardo! The band logo was done by a local marketing company; I think out of San Antonio. If you need the specific company name, I'll be glad to hunt it down. And, I personally can't tell any difference in the sound. However, I'm not sure if you can tell, but the sticker is JUST the black part - it's not a full sheet-type sticker. Hope that makes sense.

Tex
    Yes, it makes sense -- I can see what you mean now.
    I have heard the full sticker will make a change in the sound, but with decent sound reinforcement equipment, I really can't imagine this to be a problem.
    As long as you start with a single ply reso head, it seems to me the change would not cause major problems...............but I really don't know.

I'm looking at options and, if I can go with a partial like you did, that might be the best way to go.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

My sticker dampened the front head a bit. Nothing a little tuning can't over come.

User Info Menu

Love that finish, a thing of beauty...congrats!
    Mapex Saturn Red Sparkle 10, 12, 14, 22
    Mapex Black Panther Steel Snare 14 x 6,

Mapex Armory Photon Blue 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    Tomahawk 14x5.5 Snare

Meinl 20" Dark Raw Bell Ride, 20" Traditional Extra Thin Hand Hammered Crash, 18" Sand Thin Crash, 14" Byzance Dark Hats

Samsun 22" Design series Ride, 13" Design Series Hats, 16" FX Loop Effects Crash + 12" Raw Earth Splash (stacker)

Tama Speed Cobra (single pedal), Tama Iron Cobra (double pedal)

User Info Menu

Beautiful kit Tex, im a fan of satin finishes as well. So, are you tired of them and ready to sell them yet ? I know someone who would be willing to take them off your hands....hint, hint.... Lol. Congrats on finding the kit at a good price.

User Info Menu

your drums made the grass look greener, exquisite

User Info Menu

I like the satin finishes too .This the one I had .

[IMG][/IMG]