Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi hat stands?

User Info Menu

Default Hi hat stands?

I recently replaced my old beat up hi hats with 14" Sabian Stage Hats and they are a lot heavier than the set I used to have. My stand can't hold up to the wait and can barely get the top hat off the bottom, like 1/16". So, I need a new stand the can handle the weight but has smooth pedal action in mid price range. Any suggestions?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hi hat stands?

Any mid to high end stand from any of the big players will get the job done.

My preference is the Tama Iron Cobra.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    my preference is the tama iron cobra.
    +1!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Thanks guys, I've found a 905N used as a demo for $145. Good deal or no?

User Info Menu

GC has them for $229, so that sounds like a good price!

User Info Menu

Pearl has the H930 hi hat stand thats mid-level - well built and sturdy. I have their H2000 pro level stand with two legs and its heavy, built like a tank and smooth as Tennessee Whiskey.
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

loved my DW5000 upgraded to 9k more expensive but smoothest best I've ever used.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Railroadin_saylor View Post
    Thanks guys, I've found a 905N used as a demo for $145. Good deal or no?
    That's a great stand and a good price. I think I paid $125 for mine used.

User Info Menu

welcome to the board if you haven't been welcomed already, lots of good suggestions I just wanted to add to look and see if you have a Music Go Round in your area.

Looks like theres one on Fort Union Blvd, Midvale UT. Good used gear for a fraction of cost brand new. you can shop online
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the help

User Info Menu

At $145 I'd jump at that deal.

I'm currently using a Road Pro H/H stand which is pretty solid and has all the adjustment I need, but I would still like to upgrade to the IC. Tama make great hardware.

User Info Menu

$145 looks like a great deal for an IC

I use a DW5000 hat stand and it works great also

User Info Menu

I grabbed the IC 905N for the $145, no taxes, no shipping. Thanks again for all the suggestions

User Info Menu

You should be able to spend no more than $80 to solve that issue.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    loved my DW5000 upgraded to 9k more expensive but smoothest best I've ever used.
    Agreed. I used one on a gig and it was like butter. I'm sure that I could get used to it if I had one, but for just 60 minutes it was almost too smooth.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

I have the Iron Cobra Lever Glide Hi-Hat Stand.....but would never buy one again. I'll get a DW next time as per recommendations of the those that have one

I bought it new for $199 several years ago, but have spent close to $100 on parts for it since I've it. I've broken the velcro strap (Part #HH905-111 Strap w/ shafts & nylon cover) and the chain too. (Part #HH905112 Chain assembly)

The velcro strap broke a year and a couple days after I bought it. The pedal has a one-year warranty, but Tama refused to cover it. (I wasn't aware it had a warranty at the time and The Sam Ash manager tried to get them to replace it under warranty). I wasn't pissed about it really, but did think they should cover it as it had broken so soon.

The chain broke a year or so later, and I noticed the velcro strap started to go bad again - so I bought two of them just so I have a spare on me.

Yes...the pedal gets used (gigs) a lot, and I use my left foot a lot when I play, constantly going up and down, but for the money I really expected a better built unit. I keep the thing in a case when it travels and maintain it well - I have to. So now...I carry a 2nd Hihat pedal on my at all times so I don't get hung out to dry at a gig. Which has happened to me twice now with that pedal.

There's not to many things worse than playing a gig with a hihat pedal that isn't working, luckily for me both times it broke in the last set near the end of the night.

I used the a different TAMA Hihat pedal for almost 15 years in a band that played 5 nights a week back in the 80's and 90's - I never did ANYTHING to it. In fact I still have it. But the new stuff isn't built like the old stuff I guess.

FWIW
    Last edited by EddieV; 08-08-2015 at 03:01 PM.
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

The IC 905N showed up last week while I was at work. Got home Thursday and first thing I did was set it up and tried it out (wife, daughter and dog were out when I got there). What an improvement! Feels like something I'll be happy with for a long time, unless I find a..........

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EddieV View Post
    I have the Iron Cobra Lever Glide Hi-Hat Stand.....but would never buy one again. I'll get a DW next time as per recommendations of the those that have one

I bought it new for $199 several years ago, but have spent close to $100 on parts for it since I've it. I've broken the velcro strap (Part #HH905-111 Strap w/ shafts & nylon cover) and the chain too. (Part #HH905112 Chain assembly)

The velcro strap broke a year and a couple days after I bought it. The pedal has a one-year warranty, but Tama refused to cover it. (I wasn't aware it had a warranty at the time and The Sam Ash manager tried to get them to replace it under warranty). I wasn't pissed about it really, but did think they should cover it as it had broken so soon.

The chain broke a year or so later, and I noticed the velcro strap started to go bad again - so I bought two of them just so I have a spare on me.

Yes...the pedal gets used (gigs) a lot, and I use my left foot a lot when I play, constantly going up and down, but for the money I really expected a better built unit. I keep the thing in a case when it travels and maintain it well - I have to. So now...I carry a 2nd Hihat pedal on my at all times so I don't get hung out to dry at a gig. Which has happened to me twice now with that pedal.

There's not to many things worse than playing a gig with a hihat pedal that isn't working, luckily for me both times it broke in the last set near the end of the night.

I used the a different TAMA Hihat pedal for almost 15 years in a band that played 5 nights a week back in the 80's and 90's - I never did ANYTHING to it. In fact I still have it. But the new stuff isn't built like the old stuff I guess.

FWIW
    I must a different model. I've had mine for about 20 years and never replaced anything on it. I keep it in a case too. It's still going strong (though rather beat up) and the best HH stand I've ever bought.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I must a different model. I've had mine for about 20 years and never replaced anything on it. I keep it in a case too. It's still going strong (though rather beat up) and the best HH stand I've ever bought.
    Like I said, I bought mine used. It had seen some battle. Rock solid. Still is.

User Info Menu

I just ordered a Ludwig atlas pro hi hat stand,I'll let you know what I think,should be home in 3days !!!!

User Info Menu

+1 on the Iron Cobra. I went into the store with my heart set on a DW 5000 but the IC was cheaper and felt better to me.
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

I just recieved my ludwig atlas pro from UPS today ..I love it ,it is alot better than my 120 dollar old one..Little fancy for my kit but as Johnny cash says ..one piece at a time

User Info Menu

I'd buy an IC, have the 605 series one, very crappie.
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch (CR):
    20,12,10 + 14x5,5" PDP Maple/Bubinga snare
    Tama hardware
    Remo drumheads
    Paiste cymbals

User Info Menu

I've played the same stand, a Premier, for over twenty years. I just got a new stand in the mail this week. It's a DW 3000 two leg and it's nice, very sturdy, and goes great with my 8000 series double pedal (i could not get an 8000 hi hat stand). There's nothing at all wrong with the Premier stand, I've just wanted a two leg stand for awhile and finally picked one.

Collectors Black Ice Finishply
    10x8,12x9,15x12,16x14,20x18,24x16
    14X6 Collectors 10 and 6 snare Natural Satin
    14x8 Collectors Black Nickel over Brass

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    You should be able to spend no more than $80 to solve that issue.

all the best...
    True that. It will depend on the level of adjust-ability you are seeking.
    I had a Pearl H2000 2 legged eliminator HH stand that weighed a ton and (for all intents and purposes) did the same job as the sub $100 830 series stand I replaced it with.
    MAPEX - SABIAN - PEARL - VIC FIRTH