Thread: Brook Mays Music and Grover order

User Info Menu

Default Brook Mays Music and Grover order

Anybody deal with these guys for mail order?

I have some Grover snare wires that are on back order from 3 weeks ago and was told they would ship this week.

So far bupkis.
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

Default Re: Brook Mays Music and Grover order

Was just looking at reviews for this company. Oh boy. (not.... good....)
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Brook Mays Music and Grover order

There used to be a Brook Mays store over in Mesquite Tx and when it came to sheet music they were second to none. They had an extensive selection and they also had this little oriental dude that was a piano teacher except he was a world class piano teacher and he had students like that one girl from Dixie chicks as a student.

They close and they had big sale and I offered them like 800 dollars cash for a black American made strat kind of like Clapton use to play, but they wanted a grand so no deal. They were a good store and I miss them dearly. For what it's worth..didn't know they had a mail order business going...hmm I thought they went belly up.

Dixie chicks just for fun.. They were crafty song writers but let's not get into their politics lol.. Brook Mays once upon a time was the premier music store in Texas and elsewhere. But the economy and I would guess mismanagement and Guitar center drove them out of business and made them close all their stores. which really sucked.
    Last edited by wired; 08-09-2015 at 12:40 AM.
    I had a lot of time to think it over lying in this hospital bed...
    I monkeyed with another monkey's monkey
    And her gorilla whupped upon my head!~Johnny Paycheck