Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally Spaz Drumming lol

User Info Menu

Default Finally Spaz Drumming lol

So this weekend we played an outdoor party (which was a flop unfortunately) but since it was outside I was able to get some good drummer video for you guys! I only recorder so I could finally show you guys some videos of me playing. I usually play better and have more fun with a normal good crowd, motivation with a failed show can be tough but I still kept it strong knowing you guys would be watching! So don't mind the mistakes and enjoy!

This is blurry I apologize but you can hear just my drums and here my tuning. I also am an OCD tuner. I believe drums should sing and play actual notes just like any other instruments. Nothing worse than hearing flat cardboard sounding toms. . .

Here are a couple of our songs! Not sure how many you want to see so I'll just post some.

Summer of 69, Jessie's Girl, Lose Your Love Tonight

That thing You do and Working For the Weekend

This is my GF's favorite song we do... Fishing In The Dark. This was towards the end of the night so it was getting super dark.

Anyone say Kick The Tires and Light the Fires?! Oh yeah... it's the Danger Zone!
    Last edited by SpazApproved; 08-09-2015 at 10:13 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Finally Spaz Drumming lol

Your kit looks like a work of art in the dark!! You guys sound great! What hi hats are those? They sound amazing with the black out snare! If I lived around you I would come and watch the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Your kit looks like a work of art in the dark!! You guys sound great! What hi hats are those? They sound amazing with the black out snare! If I lived around you I would come and watch the show.
    Thank you very much!

The hi-hats are 14" Sabian XS. I find the XS series is just an overall great sounded series. I'm very happy with all the cymbals minus the XS ride which is to light for me. I love a heavy ride.

That black out snare is SOOO Poppy I love it's snap crackle and POP!

User Info Menu

awesome vids!!
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Good stuff spaz

User Info Menu

That was cool man! Thanks for posting up the vids.

User Info Menu

WOW that is some Impressive fast drumming bud, I got tired just watching : ) Not sure it works for me with those type's of song's but the timing and technique was pretty spot on.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

That was Spaz-tastic man!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Outstanding! Thanks for posting it.

Tex

User Info Menu

Nice drumming Spaz ...

User Info Menu

Thank you all for the kind words! I was nervous and excited to show you a couple. I tried recording them all but didn't want to blast you with a million videos uploaded all at once haha. it'd be like watching our show in full.

User Info Menu

How do you tune your kick drum? Love it.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Nice work, Spaz!

User Info Menu

Very Cool Spaz.

User Info Menu

You guys put your own little twist to these songs.

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting drums sound really good.

Jim
    Premier XPK Drums
    10, 12, 13, 14, 16 Suspended toms
    22 bass drum
    5 x 14 snare
    Premier Hardware
    Offset Double Pedal
    Sabian, Meniel cymbals
    Tama Metalworks 6.5 x 14" Black Nickel snare
    Ahead Drum Cases

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    How do you tune your kick drum? Love it.
    The head is a 22" Evans EMAD and I keep it fairly tight all around. Then I loosen up one of the top lugs a bit. I have two Evans bass drums pillows in it because they aren't long enough to touch each head. So I have them back to back so they touch each head. The front head is a ported Evans with the Kickport and I literally just have it tight enough to remove the wrinkles. So it's punchy cause it's tight yet it has a deep thick semi hollow tone for low end. I absolutely LOVE this bass drum. Out of all my kits this is my favorite for sure.

User Info Menu

Thank you all for the wonderful words and comments.

Our band is notorious for putting our own twists on the songs we all know and love.
    We are also good at adding breaks and pauses to throw people off.

User Info Menu

Hey Spaz, kudos on having the sac to post the videos - it opens you up to being judged, but what's obvious is - you have chops man. I love seeing everyone's videos because it really shows how diverse we all are in our playing. You're out playing live (even though it doesn't seem many folks were in attendance - been there many times!) and doing what you love. Great job man

User Info Menu

Nice chops. You sure do like to fill every moment of free space. Drums sound good.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    The head is a 22" Evans EMAD and I keep it fairly tight all around. Then I loosen up one of the top lugs a bit. I have two Evans bass drums pillows in it because they aren't long enough to touch each head. So I have them back to back so they touch each head. The front head is a ported Evans with the Kickport and I literally just have it tight enough to remove the wrinkles. So it's punchy cause it's tight yet it has a deep thick semi hollow tone for low end. I absolutely LOVE this bass drum. Out of all my kits this is my favorite for sure.
    I'll definitely try this. Exactly the sound I'm looking for.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Good stuff Spaz.
    I hope your not playing out side this weekend, you going to cook.
    “I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cdeleone View Post
    Hey Spaz, kudos on having the sac to post the videos - it opens you up to being judged, but what's obvious is - you have chops man. I love seeing everyone's videos because it really shows how diverse we all are in our playing. You're out playing live (even though it doesn't seem many folks were in attendance - been there many times!) and doing what you love. Great job man

yeah the owner couldn't apologize enough about the bad attendance. Literally most all the people there were people who came with us. It was a horrible gig. But we still got paid the same regardless so it was a $1k band practice outside haha.

The problem was the weather forecast was for rain and it even sprinkled during setup. And I think a lot of people didn't want to come out for that reason. But the second is the place that hired us was a creepy dive. I had never heard of it nor been there until that day.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Nice chops. You sure do like to fill every moment of free space. Drums sound good.
    I hate to say I get bored.. but coming from a super progressive technical band to playing bar rock isn't the most exciting. But I have a lot of fun lol

User Info Menu

I like how you attack the songs, I think unless you are a tribute band, you should make covers your own, and you've def done that! Well done

How long you been playing? You're pretty good!
    Yamaha DTX 500 module
    Anatolian Kappadokia 14" Rock High Hats
    Sabian El Sabor 20" Ride
    Zildjian A 18" Crash Ride
    Istanbul Agop 16" Trash Hit
    1950's Zildjian 14" Splash/light crash
    Istanbul 8" Splash (pre 1997)
    Mapex Black Panther Steel Piccolo
    1965 Premier 3 piece 10, 16, 22