Thread: double trouble

User Info Menu

Default double trouble

hey guys n gals im getting a double bass pedal soon and so i thought id learn a few techniques for my feet. Iv discovered how to do double strokes with a (single) bass pedal, but dont seem able to get much consistency...is there anything in particular i can practice to help improve this like any excercises you know of because drumbum has failed me cheerz peepz

User Info Menu

Hi Twig. I work for Drum Bum. Could you please explain what you mean by Drum Bum has failed you? I'm here to help in any way I can.

I don't know if you've seen this link yet, but it offers a lot of free information on double bass drumming:

http://www.drumsdatabase.com/drums-double-bass.htm

These are links to external sites so we're just passing the information along. Most appreciate the fact that it's there. If you're looking for more extensive information on double bass drumming, you'll need to purchase books or videos and/or take lessons with a professional.

User Info Menu

prac.....do it over and over and over and over.....when i was first learning double pedal i would sit there and do straight 16ths or 32nds for as long as i could....once i went for an entire hour without stopping....that helps alot to build up streangth and to get ur feet going steadilly opposite....then after u get to where u can do straight single rolls for a long time perfectly then go on to the double stroke and all that just prac them like you would for your hands....and then try other rudiments...good luck..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    Hi Twig. I work for Drum Bum. Could you please explain what you mean by Drum Bum has failed you? I'm here to help in any way I can.

I don't know if you've seen this link yet, but it offers a lot of free information on double bass drumming:

http://www.drumsdatabase.com/drums-double-bass.htm

These are links to external sites so we're just passing the information along. Most appreciate the fact that it's there. If you're looking for more extensive information on double bass drumming, you'll need to purchase books or videos and/or take lessons with a professional.
    dont worry man Ive since realised that the only way i can get said info is buy paying as far as i can see so i retract above statement!sorry about that!