Thread: This has got be be the worst snare review ever.

User Info Menu

Default This has got be be the worst snare review ever.

Unreal, this guy hits nothing but rim shots and talks about the wide tuning range? This almost made me not want one, GC is a friggin joke. I am sure a few people had to review this before allowing it on youtube? If I was Pork pie I would demand they remove it. I just may send it to Bill so he knows about it.

Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Default Re: This has got be be the worst snare review ever.

Maybe a review for metal drummers lol

like me who hit to much rim shot haha but no that is an awful review lol

User Info Menu

Nice rimshot review.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

WOW! I'm really glad the knob on the throw "can adjust the tension of the wires!"
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

After the video is over there is a review of the Simmons 1000 electronic kit done by the same guy . He plays the snare pad with rim shots on that snare pad too !! lol

User Info Menu

Horrible review.. but good review for porkpie.. anyone that sees that and doesn't know better will think its amazing. Although it just looks exactly like my $150 supralite.. (i would put money on the supralite to sound better though)

I really hate rimshots myself.. so yeah a whole interview of them is just annoying

User Info Menu

^See now I AM a rimshoter. I love a good solid rimshot. So that video proves to me how it sounds with my playing and lets me know those PorkPies can accept my poundings. That's the nice thing about DrumChat is seeing/hearing all the different drummers and styles.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    ^See now I AM a rimshoter. I love a good solid rimshot. So that video proves to me how it sounds with my playing and lets me know those PorkPies can accept my poundings. That's the nice thing about DrumChat is seeing/hearing all the different drummers and styles.
    Fair enough... i am odd though i don't like a snare tuned as high as it can go so that is makes a "Crack" without good tone or feeling everyone has different tastes..
    Last edited by Icetech; 08-19-2015 at 09:27 AM.

User Info Menu

Not that I have enough experience to say anything, but it looks like that's how this gent knows how to play. Maybe he doesn't know anything else?
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

i have never seen anyone rimshot that much. especially in a review, i rarely hear rimshots in a review.
    Technique doesn't mean **** if you can't blast beat and spin sticks - Steve Gadd

User Info Menu

The reviewer mentions a "good benefit". Is there such a thing as a "bad benefit"?
    Jack

May this be the best day you ever had and the worst you ever will. Trinity House Mudslinger.

User Info Menu

Nope ,here's a worse one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scJsYGW4M1Q:

The guy can't play.
    Last edited by pgm554; 08-20-2015 at 10:17 AM.
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pgm554 View Post
    Nope ,here's a worse one

The guy can't play.
    As I'm something of a newb I found the display of the adjustable damper being used in this vid interesting. Its a pity they didn't mention if "the knob on the throw can adjust the tension of the wires". These questions need to be answered

User Info Menu

Nope ,here's a worse one

The guy can't play.
    hahahahaha nice find

User Info Menu

Nope ,here's a worse one

The guy can't play.

From the Beat Boogie Website:

"Beat Boogie Quality Custom Drums ™ not just a drum - but an instrument to behold. A picture tells a story - until you see the beauty and hear the sound 1st hand you won’t get it."

Nevertheless, the guy demonstrating the Pork Pie "BOB" snare can play. He simply fails to demonstrate what that snare offers outside of the rim shot. I've played the "BOB" snare before, and it's a very impressive metal snare drum with lots to offer - including rim shots!!!

GeeDeeEmm
    Last edited by gdmoore28; 08-20-2015 at 02:55 PM.

User Info Menu

I would rather have someone that can't play and at least try.. than a guy that can play and just go WEEEEEeee... Rimshots... (as a guy that can't play.. i just wanted to defend )

User Info Menu

That looks like a good snare, they are going for around $300. Where I am.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    That looks like a good snare, they are going for around $300. Where I am.
    Go supralite.. $150 new and sounds easily as good...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Icetech View Post
    I would rather have someone that can't play and at least try.. than a guy that can play and just go WEEEEEeee... Rimshots... (as a guy that can't play.. i just wanted to defend )
    The best way to distinguish the sonic difference between shell materials and build is a rimshot.

Brass ,steel and wood characteristics stand out best when ever a rimshot is executed.

I can set up up several different snares with overtone rings and play in the center of them and nobody would be able to tell me a shell composition.

Most everybody knows that special ring associated with a supra(Bill Bruford).

From what I can tell,the GC guy was trying to show off the brass overtones and you're not going to get that from hitting dead center.
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

And we have yet another nominee for worst snare drum review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6MtfsViNLs
    Last edited by pgm554; 08-22-2015 at 12:30 PM.

User Info Menu

Some really bad technique, the GC guy is all wrist and arm...

User Info Menu

And we have yet another nominee for worst snare drum review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6MtfsViNLs
    hahaha yup I learned nothing about that snare