Thread: A friend of mine died Sunday night.

User Info Menu

Default A friend of mine died Sunday night.

In fact, I've lost three musician friends in the last three weeks. The second one was expected, although it was a very quick form of cancer, but the first, and last one from this Sunday were terribly unexpected and sudden. Far too young.

My friend who died Sunday night also died on the same date Elvis Presley did.....August 16th.

In a strange morbid way I guess......I KNOW JIM would have thought this was cool.

Got me thinking.....if you could pick a date of death to share with, whose and what date would you choose and why?

RIP Jim.
    Last edited by EddieV; 08-18-2015 at 03:33 PM.
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

Default Re: A friend of mien died Sunday night.

my prayers to him and his family

User Info Menu

I am sorry for your loss, Eddie. I've had several good friends pass away and it's always a very sad thing.

Just remember all the good things about him and he'll live on.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Major losses in your circle of friends EddieV...condolences to you and your bandmates...

User Info Menu

Sympathy for your friend's family and you.

User Info Menu

Very sorry to hear that Eddie. I hope you can find peace. My condolences to their families. I bet they're all playing the great gig in the sky.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

It's terribly painful to lose someone you care about, be it friend or family.

The older we get the more we see it happening to those around us.

The older I get the more I'm thankful for each day that I get to open my eyes and take another breath.

Celebrate his life that he may always be remembered in the best of times and as long as you continue to talk to him, he's there.

My deepest condolences to you, Eddie, and to the family and friends who I'm sure lost someone very special.

Tonight I celebrate all the lives that have crossed my path both living and deceased.

Hugs to all at Drum Chat.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

My apologies and condolences, sir. A good guitar-player & friend of mine passed last year in October from diabetes at the age of 31. One of the local pubs has a plaque in his honor, he played there for about a decade.

Not long after I happened to find one of his guitar pics. I keep it in my little box of spare parts that I take with me whenever I move my kit. In a sense, whenever I play, I'm doing what he loved most, and it's only fitting that a reminder of him is just a few feet away.
    A simple, elegant design is good engineering.

Axis | Ayotte | Evans | Gibraltar | Ludwig | Pro-Mark | Remo | Roc-N-Soc | SKB | Taye | Vic Firth | Whitney| Yamaha | Zildjian

User Info Menu

Eddie, my condolences.........our thoughts and prayers are with you and your buddies friends and family.

I've known a lot of men who left us too damn early..............I always think of a saying I heard years ago.............don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

User Info Menu

Default Re: A friend of mine died Sunday night.

It's ok guys...I'm not crying with a towel in my hand. I didn't come here crying for sympathy - that's not my style.

I thought, even under the extreme circumstances and suddenness of Jims death...that it was really cool that he died on the same day Elvis did. And...I KNOW Jim would have thought this was cool.

No one has answered the question?

If you could share a date of death with someone famous....who would it be?
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about your friend. My condolences to you and his family and friends.

User Info Menu

For me...Nov 22...JFK

all the best...

User Info Menu

If I had to choose a date, I'd go with the 4th of July..............for obvious reasons.

User Info Menu

I refuse to answer this on the chance that it may become a self fulfilling prophecy.

User Info Menu

My older brother died in 1992 and 18 years later, my son was born on his birthday.

User Info Menu

Very sorry Eddie,very sad to have people so close to us pass away,his spirit lives on