Thread: Zildjian A Custom Session hats

User Info Menu

Default Zildjian K Custom Session hats

Anyone play these things? I just picked some up on ebay - holy moley! They're outstanding! Big fat sound on the closed edge and because the top is heavier than the bottom, you get nice clear stick articulation on the bow, fantastic sizzle and a very defined chick. Heavy hammering keeps them from being too bright. Can't believe all the different sounds you can get out of these hats - very versatile.
    Last edited by G-man; 08-21-2015 at 12:44 PM.
    Gretsch Renown
    Ludwig Supraphonic
    Zildjian
    15”, 16”, 18” K Dark Thin
    16”, 18” K Sweet
    16" A Custom EFX
    20" K Custom Dark Ride
    22” 60’s A Ride
    14" 50's Thin hats
    14” K Sweet hats

User Info Menu

Default Re: Zildjian A Custom Session hats

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    Anyone play these things? I just picked some up on ebay - holy moley! They're outstanding! Big fat sound on the closed edge and because the top is heavier than the bottom, you get nice clear stick articulation on the bow, fantastic sizzle and a very defined chick. Heavy hammering keeps them from being too bright. Can't believe all the different sounds you can get out of these hats - very versatile.
    Just went to search online for them, and could only find Zildjian K Custom Session hats........................I haven't seen, or heard, A Custom Session hats

User Info Menu

Default Re: Zildjian K Custom Session hats

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    Just went to search online for them, and could only find Zildjian K Custom Session hats........................I haven't seen, or heard, A Custom Session hats
    That's because I meant K Custom Session hats. As far as I know there has never been an AC Session anything.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    That's because I meant K Custom Session hats. As far as I know there has never been an AC Session anything.
    Wasn't meaning to be a smart-a**..................thought it may have been something new!

I'd love to have a set of those, but man they are pricey!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    Wasn't meaning to be a smart-a**..................thought it may have been something new!

I'd love to have a set of those, but man they are pricey!
    Didn't think you were a smart***. Well, you might be, but you weren't in that case. I don't buy much new. Makes it easy to try things out and flip them for something else without taking a $ hit. The K Custom Session hats were $200 shipped on e-bay. They've definitely been played but not abused.

User Info Menu

That is a great price for those hats!

User Info Menu

I've liked those hats for years but they're pricey. So when I saw them on the bay for $240 OBO I jumped on them and offered $200. He took it and made me a happy guy.

User Info Menu

hmmm interesting!

How do you think they would sound in a light jazz setting?

all the best...

User Info Menu

They may be a bit loud for that. The top is heavier than the bottom so it gives a real good chick with great stick articulation. The edge produces a fat, slightly dark sound but it's loud with more cut than I expected. If you stay on the bow and watch the edge hits they would sound good for jazz but I think traditional Ks might be more versatile for that genre.

User Info Menu

OK thanks!

all the best...