Thread: Gretsch Catalina Maple Kit.

User Info Menu

Default Gretsch Catalina Maple Kit.

Does anyone know where the serial # are located on a Gretsch Catilina maple kit? I just bought the kit a month ago brand new and can't find the serial #s anywhere.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Gretsch Catalina Maple Kit.

I'm not sure that Gretsch drums are serialized, off the top of my head. They may not have a serial number at all.
    "Guys, if you wanted Superman for this gig, you should have hired Superman. Instead, you got Batman." - Donny Gruendler

"You always think you have more problems than you actually have." - Dave Elitch

Instagram: @bringerofthud
    Twitter:@davetilove

User Info Menu

I own two Gretsch kits, Renown and USA Custom and neither have any serial numbers.

User Info Menu

The serial numbers for my Catalina Maple was in the paperwork that came with the kit when I purchased it.

User Info Menu

I had a Catalina club rock, couldn't find a serial on the badge which I thought was strange. Looked inside the shells, nothing there either. There seems to be no way to authenticate a kit unless you're the original owner, and have the boxes it came in with those papers like mentioned. A shame really, cause I wanted to call Gretsch at the time and get some kind of a date they were made. Ah well, live and learn.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Thank you dt344. Doesn't make sense to me at all. I also have a Ludwig maple kit and every drum has a serial #. At least if it gets stolen you have some sort of proof that it belongs to you. I will have to keep a close eye on this kit. My first Ludwig pro beat kit was hi jacked 38 years ago. Never saw it again.

User Info Menu

I have older cat maples from about 06 or so & I've never noticed serial numbers on mine.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchf14 View Post
    Thank you dt344. Doesn't make sense to me at all. I also have a Ludwig maple kit and every drum has a serial #. At least if it gets stolen you have some sort of proof that it belongs to you. I will have to keep a close eye on this kit. My first Ludwig pro beat kit was hi jacked 38 years ago. Never saw it again.
    One possibility is write a note to yourself and hide it inside a lug.

all the best...