Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't need/want help taking down.

User Info Menu

Default Re: I don't need/want help taking down.

I think this thread should be retitled "Drummer OCD"

"No, you cannot put that drum in it's case because you might put it in the wrong way which means i take it out the wrong way and would have to flip it which would delay me 5 seconds and then my whole set up next time is RUINED, RUINED!!!!!!!"

That being said, I might just be lucky and play with people smart enough that I would trust to put the right sized drum into it's proper case...

User Info Menu

As far as setting up and tearing everything down, people helping will only slow down the process especially with the amount of cymbals I use. However, people are more than welcome to help move stuff! Definitely be as nice as possible about it though, they are only trying to help.

User Info Menu

I'm not that concerned with my setup. It's fairly simple, but I drum tech for my friends band. And he freaks out when people adjust or put stuff away wrong. I didn't touch his cymbals till I learned the setup better.
    Mapex Saturn 6 pc
    14x6 mapex stainless steel snare
    Zildjian,Paiste, Meinl
    DW5000 td4 double pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pcs90 View Post
    As far as setting up and tearing everything down, people helping will only slow down the process especially with the amount of cymbals I use. However, people are more than welcome to help move stuff! Definitely be as nice as possible about it though, they are only trying to help.
    most of the time it takes me longer to explain how to do it than to just do it myself. Definitely slows me down

User Info Menu

Some guitarists and bassists got so much crap of their own there's no time to even offer to help the drummer. It was the vocalists I resented sometimes. Roll up one mike cord then vanish!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JoePasko View Post
    I appreciate my bandmates wanting to help me tear down after a gig, but I honestly don't want any of them touching my stuff. I have it worked out, I have a system. Don't just start grabbing my hardware and un-doing set screws that I don't usually unscrew, or removing clamps that I leave in place, etc. If you want to help, go get me a fresh beer while I finish packing up.

(But I don't want to be rude to them either, as they are only trying to help. )

Can anyone else relate/sympathize ?
    Well I am not part of a band but i can relate to you because my kit is in the living room and my nephew or niece will go on it while im at work. the other day i found a spring missing from my pedal. I dont want anyone touching my kit lol