Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Shots of your Band

User Info Menu

Default Re: Group Shots of your Band

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    well he's a diva singer for sure... comes right before we go on because he has no equipment and "mingles" with people after shows as we pack up... drives me up the wall. I want to chat with people too.. help me and we can all do it
    is this the guy who drinks and curses too much? And doesn't help unload the van?

User Info Menu

Well Zack, most singers think they are the boss of the band. Mingling with the audience makes him look important while the rest of the band mates working hard at taking down the equipment, loading etc. Maybe you should say to him "Come on give us a hand man " in front of the fans. He is just selfish.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Where are the Zickos
    I used this wooden kit because the Zickos where too heavy to move around and I didn't want to leave them in my car overnight. I was in the process of refinishing them. This is what the wooden ones look like now.

[IMG][/IMG]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cdeleone View Post
    is this the guy who drinks and curses too much? And doesn't help unload the van?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Well Zack, most singers think they are the boss of the band. Mingling with the audience makes him look important while the rest of the band mates working hard at taking down the equipment, loading etc. Maybe you should say to him "Come on give us a hand man " in front of the fans. He is just selfish.
    Yup that's the guy... and it would just be a waste of breath. Luckily the wife is a great drumtech. Always has my cases and hardware ready when I'm done playing. I pull it off the rack and hand her a drum and she places it straight in the correct case. I get that kit off stage and packed in no time. He'd be worthless to me as he doesn't know how things get packed anyways lol Spend more time explaining than doing.

User Info Menu

Here's a couple shots we did with a professional photographer to promote a local music festival that we headlined last October. I think the shots turned out pretty good. (Notice the band's name on the cue ball.) Unfortunately, the band is no longer together. The problem with being in a band with a husband and wife, is that they're no longer husband and wife. That'll kill a band, pretty much every time.

In the first pic, left to right, Me (drums) Ashley (vocals and rhythm guitar) Shane (bass) and Mitch (lead guitar). Shane and Ashley were married, and are no longer.

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    "I shall either find a way or make one"

User Info Menu

^Cool photo for sure! That sucks about the break up that's what happened to my old band too.

I made this thread hoping for more pics like this so I could get some ideas for ourselves I might try this one haha

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Powertrip240 View Post
    Here's a couple shots we did with a professional photographer to promote a local music festival that we headlined last October. I think the shots turned out pretty good. (Notice the band's name on the cue ball.) Unfortunately, the band is no longer together. The problem with being in a band with a husband and wife, is that they're no longer husband and wife. That'll kill a band, pretty much every time.

In the first pic, left to right, Me (drums) Ashley (vocals and rhythm guitar) Shane (bass) and Mitch (lead guitar). Shane and Ashley were married, and are no longer.

Nice pics.

Try being in a band with your brother-in-law! LOL.

User Info Menu

With a little audience participation:

User Info Menu

From about 2 years ago. We need some more recent ones!

L-R: Rich (Bass), Karl (Guitar/Vocals), Me.

These are some dolls Karl's wife made of us. Quite accurate really!

Mapex Armory - Photon Blue
    Mapex VXB kit - Transparent Black
    Mapex & Pearl snares
    Paiste Alpha & RUDE cymbals
    Remo & Vater

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dodeska View Post
    These are some dolls Karl's wife made of us. Quite accurate really!
    You don't need new photo's taken. There's your next album cover, right there !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JoePasko View Post
    You don't need new photo's taken. There's your next album cover, right there !
    You know, I've not even thought about that. Good idea. Thanks.
    Mapex & Pearl snares
    Remo & Vater

User Info Menu

Does your band ever get sudden pains, if your gig goes later than planned ? I was just imagining your bandmate's wife at home with some pins !!!

User Info Menu

Those are all awesome pics. We're taking pics today for some new posters. We're not putting people in it....just an old Rat Rod truck with our band name painted on the door. That way, we can always use it for posters and Facebook, no matter who joins or quits. My nephew is a professional photographer and will be back on Thanksgiving. We have a gig that weekend in a really cool old tavern, so we'll have him take some "members" photos then.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Does your band ever get sudden pains, if your gig goes later than planned ? I was just imagining your bandmate's wife at home with some pins !!!
    Hahaha. I'll let you know after next Sunday, as it's their first wedding anniversary & we have a gig!!
    Mapex & Pearl snares
    Remo & Vater

User Info Menu

If his wife doesn't go with him to the gig, it could get ugly. If she does, you cold always make it special for them by announcing it on stage.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

She'll be there as they're going out for a meal beforehand.
    Mapex & Pearl snares
    Remo & Vater

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EddieV View Post
    Have you guys ever seen this site?

(If link is removed....Google "band pics against a wall" and click on rock and roll confidential)

This site has been around for years...and they have section that posts pics of bands - much like the ones posted here - and they make comments about them.

These are hilarious!

(you're welcome)
    Great site! I couldn't stop laughing at some of the comments!
    Gretsch Renown mapple (fusion) + Ludwig black galaxy Acrolite snare
    Tama Silverstar (rock)
    Jobeky custom electronic kit with 2Box module
    Cymbals : Paiste Signature Dark Energy HH, Sabian AAX ride and splash, Zildjian K and A crashes, HH, splashes and rides

User Info Menu

Here's one "against a brick wall" even though we weren't necessarily going for that:

User Info Menu

This is band # 2.............ROCK CANDY :

Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Here's one "against a brick wall" even though we weren't necessarily going for that:
    I like the Aftermath logo on your bd head. Wish I could see the whole thing.

(i would have unplugged the Coors sign, yechhh)
    Last edited by JoePasko; 10-27-2015 at 04:46 AM.

User Info Menu

I like the Aftermath logo on your bd head. Wish I could see the whole thing.

(i would have unplugged the Coors sign, yechhh)
    Here you go Joe. Yeah, the lighted sign eventually got turned off.

User Info Menu

Here's one of the band I recently left called Live to Rule, on stage for an invitation only battle of the bands in which we placed 2nd.

And here's my band I'm still currently in called The Crop Tourists:

Bonus pic of me playing:

Last edited by BonzaiTree; 12-09-2015 at 10:48 AM. Reason: fixing image links

User Info Menu

Left to Right................

Bass/Vocal -- Guitar/Keys/Vocal -- Guitar/Vocal -- (her) Lead Vocal -- (me) Drums.

Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

The Highlights

facebook.com/thehighlightslv/

User Info Menu

This is my classic rock band WILD ROOTS
    I'm the short bald left handed guy, with a limp and lisp

[IMG][/IMG]