Thread: Tama 7x13 SLP G Maple Snare

User Info Menu

Default Tama 7x13 SLP G Maple Snare

does anyone have any experience with this? If so let me know what you think.

I'm in the market for a maple snare and everything I've seen and heard about it is fantastic. Sounds amazing too.....Just seeing what others opinions about it are too.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Tama 7x13 SLP G Maple Snare

I've only played one in the store, but I was quite impressed. If you like it, though, that's the deciding factor. Just go for it.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

There's a lot of good maple snares our there. I would let your ears decide. If is sounds good and is within your budget, go for it.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

If I like it I buy it

/end of story.

You can never have enough snare drums.

User Info Menu

Sounds pretty deep to me. Like the others have mentioned if you like it buy it.

User Info Menu

I love 13" inch snares. I have three of them.... 5", 7" and an 8" deep. I think you'll find them very versatile in tone and easily adjustable from one point to another. . Especially the 7" and 8". You can tighten them for a nice funky pop, or loosen them just a little for a deeper warm sound.
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

6.5 is generally where I reach my cutoff point for depths. Deeper than that and I get more sustain than I can handle, and it becomes semi-difficult to get comfortably set up. As for that snare, i'd have no doubts it's quite good - but i'd have to hear it in person and not through somebody's soundsystem on youtube to be positive.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

If I was buying a SLP snare it would be the G Maple.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    If I was buying a SLP snare it would be the G Maple.
    Agreed. But, have you heard the 14x6.5 G birch?
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    Agreed. But, have you heard the 14x6.5 G birch?
    Not specifically, but I generally don't care for birch snares. My Starclassic snare is birch and I really don't like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Not specifically, but I generally don't care for birch snares. My Starclassic snare is birch and I really don't like it.
    I prefer the maple as well, but in this case they used a triple flanged hoop on the reso side instead of a die cast. It seems to help keep it from sounding as choked. I'm not big on birch snares, but it's one of the better ones I've heard.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    I prefer the maple as well, but in this case they used a triple flanged hoop on the reso side instead of a die cast. It seems to help keep it from sounding as choked. I'm not big on birch snares, but it's one of the better ones I've heard.
    I'll have to check it out.

User Info Menu

I know Musicians Friend has Drumcraft snares at extremely low prices..............not sure if they have a maple one though...............I've been looking at them, but the better half would lose it if I bought another snare drum!

User Info Menu

I played the tama slp 13" snare on a gig a month ago. Actually I only used it in rehearsal for an outa town gig and I didnt like it at all!! I ended up borrowing a Ludwig Acrolite for the entire time I was on that gig. The tama sounded thin and small with not a lot of tone! All it had was a nice pop. I don't really care for 13" snares and this one really made me not care for them!!