Thread: Drumset Commercials

User Info Menu

Default Drumset Commercials

So you know how you hardly ever see a commercial with drums in it? Just now I saw a commercial for Red's Apple Ale with a drumset and right behind it a Verizon commercial with a drumset. Back to back! Crazy! I've been playing for two centuries and I've never seen anything like that!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drumset Commercials

There's a Telus one here. Pic of a drum kit with a special offer on the bass drum head. No idea why they would use drums though. Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Two centuries? Wow, your older than I thought!
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Jesse on Breaking Bad had a few drum kits in his places, in the first 2-3 eps, you can see an Akit on what would be a 4 piece kit. There are no cymbals, and he's got the 10" tom on the right side, above the FT.

Either this is just poor prop placement or they are trying to say something about him, his hobbies and how his lifestyle affected them...

User Info Menu

Might have something to do with the movie "Whiplash" being so popular .

User Info Menu

Lately, I've been seeing a car commercial that shows a drum kit in the back of the car ...

User Info Menu

Love this one

Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    Might have something to do with the movie "Whiplash" being so popular .
    I think you're right Jedi.

User Info Menu

you know thinking about it your right I hardly ever see drums in commercials lol

User Info Menu

This is my favorite....even though I'm not sure if it was ever on television.

"The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

There's another but I don't remember what it's about but a little boy starts drumming on a small kit and eventually it grows into a giant, Boz-type kit.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EddieV View Post
    This is my favorite....even though I'm not sure if it was ever on television.

This was on telly in Australia about a decade ago. Never forgotten it!
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    There's another but I don't remember what it's about but a little boy starts drumming on a small kit and eventually it grows into a giant, Boz-type kit.

User Info Menu

Not a commercial per say but thought it looked pretty cool:

User Info Menu

I think for the most part that musical instruments aren't directly advertised on television, but they are part of a commercial's idea for another product. Sort of like a background appeal. I've seen commercials for drumsets done directly, but usually it's done through the company who makes them - or the licensed distributor of that brand. It's a shame they aren't a more highlighted subject in major forms of advertising like automobiles, medications, and gimmick products are. I guess it's a risky investment to buy airtime for something that might not be as in demand, from a business standpoint they probably only want to advertise where they think their target demographic will be.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments