Thread: Hardware questions

User Info Menu

Default Hardware questions

Hi there
    I'm excited to be apart of your forum. I have a few hardware related questions.
    I have a rare(ish) maybe? Set of arbiter flats lite drums. Now my question is,
    Do you think I could use an electronic drum rack to mount these? I'm a fairly light player and space is a concern. Also are those 3 way multi clamps easy to find anymore? Thanks all!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hardware questions

Welcome to DC, JDS1979......................IMO, if you aren't moving the kit regularly, the ekit rack should be able to hold the flats...................I'm not sure how much they weigh, but there isn't much to them.

Good luck

User Info Menu

Thanks for the welcome. The arbiter kit is beyond light. It's really strange to say the least. Really good sound. Anyway, yeah I really wouldn't be hauling it around, maybe to some recording jobs and jams that's about it. (I play bass in a top 40 dance band) go figure lol. I'm a drummer though but go where I'm needed. I was thinking something like a Roland or the very light Yamaha racks, of course, not sure if they are available without the drums. Thanks again!

User Info Menu

I doubt you'll be able to get the rack without the drums...but that might not be so bad, as you can keep your drums stored and practice on the ekit. So you'll have one less thing to pack up when you go to a gig. For example, I got a second snare stand as part of a practice kit i bought, in the end i decided to keep it simply because i got annoyed always having to set it back up for my ekit...it doesn't save you lots of time, but still helpful.
    Yamaha DTX 500 module
    Anatolian Kappadokia 14" Rock High Hats
    Sabian El Sabor 20" Ride
    Zildjian A 18" Crash Ride
    Istanbul Agop 16" Trash Hit
    1950's Zildjian 14" Splash/light crash
    Istanbul 8" Splash (pre 1997)
    Mapex Black Panther Steel Piccolo
    1965 Premier 3 piece 10, 16, 22

User Info Menu

Yeah it's probably going to be a tough find. I have some dw 9000 arms too that weigh a ton. Haha only using two though. I figure it would distribute the weight fairly evenly.

User Info Menu

I think you'll be ok if you just keep them in one place and not set up/tear down often.

That being said....I have seen E-kit racks (only) on Craigslist from time to time in PHX. I've seen them on Ebay too.

Can't post a link....but search New Simmons SD9K Drum Rack ONLY right now and you'll see one for 70 bucks.
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDS1979 View Post
    Hi there
    I'm excited to be apart of your forum. I have a few hardware related questions.
    I have a rare(ish) maybe? Set of arbiter flats lite drums. Now my question is,
    Do you think I could use an electronic drum rack to mount these? I'm a fairly light player and space is a concern. Also are those 3 way multi clamps easy to find anymore? Thanks all!
    Welcome to the forum JDS! I had to Google the kit and after looking at the set up, I agree with those who have posted; an ekit rack would be ideal. As far as finding clamps, I think Gibraltar may have something you can use?

User Info Menu

Wow look at that! Cool! Yeah I have the version without the rack then. My toms are mounted off of cymbal stands with universal clamps. Never knew that they had a rack version. Totally neat! Thanks for the replies and welcomes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDS1979 View Post
    ...I have the version without the rack then. My toms are mounted off of cymbal stands with universal clamps.
    Ok, it must look like this then?

User Info Menu

That's the one. Except I use a piccolo snare drum. Pretty neat kit. One day I'll swap it for a pacific 4 pc. (Hope)

User Info Menu

As far as clamps, if you are talking about the ones that attach to a cymbal stand and have 2 more holes for mounting cymbal or tom arms, Gibraltar and Pearl both make them. Yamaha has a version that fits into a bass drum or cymbal stand base.