Thread: Drum stool "Bass drum"

User Info Menu

Default Drum stool "Bass drum"

Hi,
    Always wanted to have a bass drum that can just easily clamp to any drum stool.I use 12" as Bass drum on a thick plywood as body.Use a Tama Multi-clamp an clamp it to the Drum-stool.The 12" snare drum can either play like Cajon player or using a guitar strip(Thanks alot to Mr.JoePasko idea!)so that,i can play like "Guitar player"

Thanks.
    Wonder1

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum stool "Bass drum"

kindred spirit from 180 degrees around the world. So how does it sound with brushes ?(Brushes are my main approach to drumming right now, and I am loving it)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JoePasko View Post
    kindred spirit from 180 degrees around the world. So how does it sound with brushes ?(Brushes are my main approach to drumming right now, and I am loving it)
    Joe! for brushes, need to use white coated drum head.I may change this present drum head to coated one.

User Info Menu

I have two toms (8", 13") that I incorporate into the various percussion setups that I use in our acoustic group. Also, a tunable tambourine that I set on a padded stool. I play all three with wire and/or nylon brushes, exclusively. I have Emperor Black Suede heads on all three of them. This head has proven perfect for my goal, which is to produce a variety of sounds from a single drum by way of manipulation of the brushes. I am even able to approximate a snare drum sound, without any snares.

But anyway, as always, I enjoy seeing your projects. I like how they all have a similar look to them .. it's your "brand" .
    Last edited by JoePasko; 09-06-2015 at 07:24 AM.

User Info Menu

Great work as always. You've got a really creative tallent.

Tex

User Info Menu

so you play it backwards using your heel?
    Or is the seat just behind it for reference in the photo?

User Info Menu

I declare I've seen that pedal on some of his other rigs .. backwards and incoming at 45-degree angle ? Fill us in, Pete.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    so you play it backwards using your heel?
    Or is the seat just behind it for reference in the photo?
    Joe! i'm using my heel to play the bass pedal.(mainly for those relax/easy dinner gig where stage space is really small for just guitar player & Me!)

User Info Menu

I declare I've seen that pedal on some of his other rigs .. backwards and incoming at 45-degree angle ? Fill us in, Pete.
    Joe! i think you're talking about my "Bar-Stool kick drum"

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I think we should call you "Peter Plywood" !!

User Info Menu

Wow, this looks fantastic, very innovative design. Love seeing your stuff, how do you think these creations up?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Wow, this looks fantastic, very innovative design. Love seeing your stuff, how do you think these creations up?
    Thanks Russ! hahaha...to be honest with you.i just go ahead with all those crazy idea "pop" out from my mine.

User Info Menu

Right on man, yeah they definitely seem all inspired by something the way you manage to connect drumming to objects you find in everyday life. I wish I could do that but money's a bit tight for now.
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Right on man, yeah they definitely seem all inspired by something the way you manage to connect drumming to objects you find in everyday life. I wish I could do that but money's a bit tight for now.
    Russ! most of my drum's material are those old/used/recycle item.I spend very little $ on all my drum project.

User Info Menu

Today, i bring one of my best friend(Bamboo Sax Innovator from Malaysia)to my house to jam with me.We both perfrom on 6/9/2015 at Labuan's peace park sunset musical concert.Both of us only see each other once a year.in fact he is quite tired and feel abit sick! but,we still managed to just simply "jam" on this Instrumental.at lease i got the chance to try out my new snare drum with him before next 2 week up comming music fest.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wonder1 View Post
    Russ! most of my drum's material are those old/used/recycle item.I spend very little $ on all my drum project.
    Throwout material from various stores?
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

When you get a chance could I see a close-up of your tambourine-jingle finger clicker device ? Is it just one that you attach to different set-ups ? Or does every rig get its own?

User Info Menu

Throwout material from various stores?
    (1)Left over plywood from my friend workshop(2)Old/used drum head from either Church/drummer(Help them to change a new drum head/tune/repair their drum)(3)some old/used drum parts or clamp that either i buy from them very cheap or they give me.I had been collect drum part for almost 15 years!

User Info Menu

Amazing Peter!! "Plywood Pete!!" for the win!!

User Info Menu

When you get a chance could I see a close-up of your tambourine-jingle finger clicker device ? Is it just one that you attach to different set-ups ? Or does every rig get its own?

Very simple method for my "Jingle-hat"