Thread: Well I finally got something recorded. First time recorded on drums.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Well I finally got something recorded. First time recorded on drums.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link. Let me know. Anyways is was a live recording a few mistakes on guitar and mistakes on my part but we just finished this song. So if it's cool I'll post.
    Mapex Saturn 6 pc
    14x6 mapex stainless steel snare
    Zildjian,Paiste, Meinl
    DW5000 td4 double pedal

User Info Menu

Default Re: Well I finally got something recorded. First time recorded on drums.

Heck yes. Post that sucker up.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Well I finally got something recorded. First time recorded on drums.

Mapex Saturn 6 pc
    Zildjian,Paiste, Meinl
    DW5000 td4 double pedal

User Info Menu

feels cool to have a recording of somehting doesn't it

User Info Menu

The mix wasn't so good but the drums sounded great!
    Nice job!

User Info Menu

Thanks. Yeah its cool to finally hear myself. The quality isn't so great because we did a live recording in a storage shed. The bass player set up the mics. I would have used at least one more. And turned off the extra monitor we had on.
    Mapex Saturn 6 pc
    Zildjian,Paiste, Meinl
    DW5000 td4 double pedal

User Info Menu

Awesome, like spaz said it feels good to hear a recording of your band! And your drumming!
    One of my dreams, ( like in years and years!) is to have a studio, I am really interested in recording.
    Bridie

User Info Menu

What was your recording setup?
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

On drums a beta 52a and an akg 170 overhead. Only one mic bass and guitar. Not sure what it was though. Ran into a Mackie mixer to a focusrite into studio one. We should have ran bass direct and put the mic closer to the guitar cab, and turned off the vocal monitor.
    Mapex Saturn 6 pc
    Zildjian,Paiste, Meinl
    DW5000 td4 double pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by piratemonkey124 View Post
    On drums a beta 52a and an akg 170 overhead.
    Cool playing!! You got a good feel for dynamics. BTW, I use the same mics too and love the results!

User Info Menu

That sounds awesome! i recognize the song and it sounds jut as good if not better than the original! nice!

User Info Menu

Not a fan of the vocals.........................but the rest sounds great.

Good stuff

User Info Menu

Thanks late8. I actually have 2 of the akgs, and an sm57 for the snare but we didn't use them. Someone else I talked too couldn't believe that 170 sounded that good.
    Mapex Saturn 6 pc
    Zildjian,Paiste, Meinl
    DW5000 td4 double pedal

User Info Menu

Yeah I'm not sold on the vocals yet either, but he's new to it so hopefully he'll get better.
    Mapex Saturn 6 pc
    Zildjian,Paiste, Meinl
    DW5000 td4 double pedal

User Info Menu

That's not a cover.
    Mapex Saturn 6 pc
    Zildjian,Paiste, Meinl
    DW5000 td4 double pedal