Thread: really???

User Info Menu

Default really???

scenerio: Jam at a friends (bass players home) that's like 35 miles away. Leave a drum kit, hardware and cymbals. Another drummer I know plays it sometimes.

A month later, asked to jam at an outdoor area and use this kit because it's on the way. Set it up and realize it's missing one cymbal stand. No one knows what happened to it!

User Info Menu

Default Re: really???

No way??? Did you bring it up to the bass player??

User Info Menu

That sucks! Yet another good reason to pack/check your own drums...Maybe the (packing) other members thought it was extra stuff?
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    No way??? Did you bring it up to the bass player??
    Hi late8, thanks, yes he (the bass player) went with me to outdoor jam and thought it may be still back at his place....looked again...not there. It's been about a week now...no results yet. The other drummer would maybe bring his own snare and a few cymbals to swap.

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    That sucks! Yet another good reason to pack/check your own drums...Maybe the (packing) other members thought it was extra stuff?
    Thanks slinglander. Yeah, don't like leaving things elsewhere because this usually happens. I guess I'm lucky that's all that was missing!

User Info Menu

that sucks man

User Info Menu

Had the same thing happen about 15 years ago. The band I was in practiced in an empty building downtown that was owned by our guitar player. He also owned all the equipment (including the drums) and spent a fortune on music equipment. He started letting other bands practice there and borrow his equipment for gigs. Little by little, things "disappeared"......or got loaned out and no one knew who had them. Two items that come to mind are a brand new Iron Cobra pedal and a 12" Fender powered monitor, but I know there were other stuff like numerous guitar effects pedals, mics, stands, amps, etc.. He passed away suddenly (complications from having his tonsils removed) and the rest of us had no idea where half of his equipment went. You'd think his "friends" would come forward and return his stuff to his widow, but no.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

When drums are shared, it's natural that the bits and pieces are accidentally taken/lost, but a cymbal stand?!

User Info Menu

I can't see how this is not intentional. It's a cymbal stand, it's not like it's a tiny extra part or something.

User Info Menu

there was story on the local news over here this morning about a duo that had all their stuff stolen out of a mini van. They were in a restaurant and when they came back out eveything was gone. The instruments taken were an acoustic guitar and a 5 string fiddle/violin.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pcs90 View Post
    I can't see how this is not intentional. It's a cymbal stand, it's not like it's a tiny extra part or something.
    Been there. I would think that making off with the stand by mistake would have resulted in a call to the bass player letting him know. If no call, well that's just a bit suspicious. Has the bass player tried contacting the other drummer about this?

User Info Menu

Thanks all. Still waiting. Everyone informed and still looking.

User Info Menu

I know what happened to it.
    Death from tonsillectomy.............never heard that one before.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    I have had some tonsil issues over the past ten years, and get tonsillitus on average 2 or 3 times a year. I have inquired about having them removed. My doctor told me no.

It's a risky surgery with plenty of potential complications and problems...and in most cases, mild antibiotics cure any reoccurring tonsil issue with very little chance of the body becoming resistant to those antibiotics.

It's simply safer to fix with 5 days of pills than the surgery.
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

I had my tonsils taken out when I was 4 years old and that was 60 years ago wow time flies.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    He was only 50 years old. Great shape; jogged and lifted weights All the time. Battled tonsillitis on & off for years. Decided to have them removed and had the surgery. Went home that night and died in his sleep. His throat swelled shut.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Especially with multiple band gigs, stuff gets packed and loaded in a hurry by lots of people, which can get unorganized and confusing. It's pretty easy for someone to grab an extra stand or leave one by accident. We mark everything we have with duct tape that is pink with yellow balloons. Stands, mics, cords, etc.. It actually helps keep our stuff straight. On the flip side, we've found extra stands and gear in our truck and had to call around or post on FB the next day to locate the owners.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Had the same thing happen about 15 years ago. The band I was in practiced in an empty building downtown that was owned by our guitar player. He also owned all the equipment (including the drums) and spent a fortune on music equipment. He started letting other bands practice there and borrow his equipment for gigs. Little by little, things "disappeared"......or got loaned out and no one knew who had them. Two items that come to mind are a brand new Iron Cobra pedal and a 12" Fender powered monitor, but I know there were other stuff like numerous guitar effects pedals, mics, stands, amps, etc.. He passed away suddenly (complications from having his tonsils removed) and the rest of us had no idea where half of his equipment went. You'd think his "friends" would come forward and return his stuff to his widow, but no.
    Sorry to hear about your friends passing from complications.
    I had sleep apnea, had surgery (tonsils and uvula removed) and was in intensive care because of complications also. My tonsils were the size of golf balls and they had issues stopping the bleeding.

User Info Menu

Too bad somebody thought something of yours was something of theirs. You're never seeing that thing again. Sorry.

User Info Menu

Bass player told me that the other drummer found my stand. Getting it back tomorrow!

User Info Menu

It's about time! haha

User Info Menu

It's about time! haha
    this^
    I guess the other drummer hadn't played out for a month-never had to check his own stuff!
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    scenerio: Jam at a friends (bass players home) that's like 35 miles away. Leave a drum kit, hardware and cymbals. Another drummer I know plays it sometimes.

A month later, asked to jam at an outdoor area and use this kit because it's on the way. Set it up and realize it's missing one cymbal stand. No one knows what happened to it!

A GHOST!! but seriously, that's annoying
    Technique doesn't mean **** if you can't blast beat and spin sticks - Steve Gadd