Thread: Cymbal Stand Info

User Info Menu

Default Cymbal Stand Info

My close buddy gave me his Pearl Export kit before shipping off to basic training a few years ago. I've finally gotten all the missing pieces and I'm ready to setup the kit. He has two cymbal stands that don't look like standard ones. Below are a couple pics. Can someone please identify if these stands are for specific cymbals, or what, if anything, is different about them?

Thanks,
    -Adam

User Info Menu

Default Re: Cymbal Stand Info

They are standard Pearl boom stands albeit the one on the right of the picture has a bent upper section.

The spring is a an attachment purchased separately. It is a cymbal spring that is used to provide some protection to mounted cymbals. They are often seen when mounting a china but I've also started to notice them on e-kits too.

PDP | Black Panther | Sabian |

User Info Menu

I used those springs years ago. I wish they screwed on with a threaded center verse using a screw into the threads. Mine kept coming loose so I tightened it down good and it just messes up the threads. Granted it's low enough the cymbal doesn't touch there usually.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I used those springs years ago. I wish they screwed on with a threaded center verse using a screw into the threads. Mine kept coming loose so I tightened it down good and it just messes up the threads. Granted it's low enough the cymbal doesn't touch there usually.
    Exactly why I chose not to use them in the end. I had a cymbal stacker that messed up my stand threads to the point I can no longer use the thread without the stacker.
    PDP | Black Panther | Sabian |

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Adam O'Blivion View Post
    My close buddy gave me his Pearl Export kit before shipping off to basic training a few years ago. I've finally gotten all the missing pieces and I'm ready to setup the kit. He has two cymbal stands that don't look like standard ones. Below are a couple pics. Can someone please identify if these stands are for specific cymbals, or what, if anything, is different about them?

Thanks,
    -Adam
    was your friend a big Keith Moon fan?
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN