Thread: Set up

sonic_underground Guest

Default Set up

Wow i played an ace gig last night and all with out a high tom just floor tom bass snare hi-hat and 2 crashes. Try it gives a great feeling of space.

User Info Menu

Cool Set up

Hey, sonic! Welcome aboard, man!

Your post proves that "everything old is new again."

Some of the first drumkits used the same spare approach (as this icon of the Beatles' drum kit shows, there's only one side tom). It's refreshing to see drummers get a wide array of sounds out of only a few drums--and you're right, it's a bit easier to handle...

And to use another cliche, "simpler can be better!"

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sonic_underground View Post
    Wow i played an ace gig last night and all with out a high tom just floor tom bass snare hi-hat and 2 crashes. Try it gives a great feeling of space.
    To be honest with with you I'd feel naked with this set-up. hehe. To me going 4pc is as low as I go. Blessings.....

User Info Menu

Ah, I don't care much about that 'getting different sounds out of less drums' idea. If I want to get certain sounds out of a certain drum then that's fine, I'll do it when I feel like it! Gah e.t.c
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

I actually think that it is a very 'cool' looking set up what you just described. Where as a bigger kit looks 'beastier'

User Info Menu

^ I completely agree. 4pc set ups looks cool and them big set ups with 2 bass drums looks beastier
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

no ride??

User Info Menu

I will say also that if that first rack tom is not there, it exposes me playing in my purple underwear. j/k Blessings.......

User Info Menu

Middleman, I have to say that is far more than I ever wanted to know! It's 11:09 here in Murfreesboro, TN, and now I get to go to bed with that image in my head. Be gone you pesky image, be gone!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by middleman View Post
    I will say also that if that first rack tom is not there, it exposes me playing in my purple underwear. j/k Blessings.......