Thread: What other companies make drum hardware cases?

User Info Menu

Default What other companies make drum hardware cases?

Other than SKB and Gator/Protechtor, what other drum companies make drum hardware cases?

I need to order a hardware case BADLY. I absolutely do not want a bag. I really like the SKB "Large Drum Hardware Case" but it's not long enough.
    The inside dimensions are:
    Interior length: 42"
    Interior width: 16"
    Interior depth: 16-1/2"

The width and depth are fine but I need the inside length to be 48".

I have looked at all the hardware cases that SKB and Gator/Protechtor makes. All I want to know is what other companies make drum hardware cases? I want to check their sites and see if they have a hardware case with these dimensions, or close to it. I absolutely do not want a bag.

Thank you.

[commercial link removed. Please see forum rules. Thx. - Tom]
    Last edited by CHIP ROBERTS; 10-05-2015 at 09:43 AM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: What other companies make drum hardware cases?

HB, Ahead, and Gibraltar also make hardware bags/cases. Gibraltar may only be bags, but I believe the other 2 should have hard cases too.
    You may have already done this, but I wouldn't limit yourself to standard hardware cases. Cases for racks should have more room...some people use keyboard cases too.

User Info Menu

Good point, pcs90.

I've also seen golf club hard cases get the nod.

One thing to keep in mind, if you stuff any of them full you may find they are impossible to transport unless you have an army of roadies.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Good point, pcs90.

I've also seen golf club hard cases get the nod.

One thing to keep in mind, if you stuff any of them full you may find they are impossible to transport unless you have an army of roadies.
    Bish is right . I used a SKB golf club case for a while . I got it used off of Craigslist for less than $50 and it worked like a charm . It has wheels and straps to tie things down , you tilt it back and go . I sold it recently since I no longer have the rack I transported in it .
    Rudy .

User Info Menu

I have SKB's older case and it's 48" long. I looked and I don't see the case I own up there anymore. That's a shame. Fits my rack perfectly. I assume you have a rack your packing up?

User Info Menu

RockemMusic has them. Except that's over seas. So somewhere here in the states must carry them.
    I just did some googling for 48" drum hardware cases
    Last edited by SpazApproved; 10-02-2015 at 01:31 PM.

User Info Menu

Humes and Berg

User Info Menu

Anvil
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

Yes! I remember reading about Hardcase in Modern drummer a long time ago! This is exactly why I posted! Thanks SpazApproved! I've sent them messages. I hope I hear something soon.

User Info Menu

Check out Tough Traveler, Schenectady NY. In the 70's they were a small company making backpacks and sporting bags in a little shop around the corner from my high school. Now they have an international reputation and manufacture all types a bags and cases, including a whole line for musicians. They even do custom-made one-off's or custom modifications to catalog products (although custom work will cost a bit more).