Thread: Acrylic kit

User Info Menu

Default Acrylic kit

Got my acrylic snare yesterday.

System of Power

User Info Menu

Default Re: Acrylic kit

Nice very cool how deep is that? And what is the brand..it looks like you sure tore that box open with excitement lol
    Last edited by myk; 10-07-2015 at 03:45 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by myk View Post
    Nice very cool how deep is that? And what is the brand..it looks like you sure tore that box open with excitement lol
    It's a 14"x8". I got it from a seller/builder in Thailand called Chum Drum Shop.
    Actually, I wasn't expecting it so soon. The seller told me yesterday morning that he would send it out yesterday. A few hours later the postman rang the door. I wasn't at home so my wife opened it for me whilst I was on the phone with her.
    Anyway, it looks great and I look forward to testing it later today.
    System of Power

User Info Menu

Looks nice. Generally speaking I like the sound of deeper snare drums.

User Info Menu

I was about to be super super jelly cause you said Acrylic "Kit" because I really want a full acrylic kit

Then I opened and saw a beautiful snare drum but no kit. That is a mean tease....

It's a beautiful snare. Almost looks like a DW Mag throw off?

Either way awesome snare I love the 8" depth too!

User Info Menu

Yeah same here I was expecting to see a nice big Acrylic kit Oh well that snare looks awesome love the color.

User Info Menu

I appologize. This snare is the first drum of the kit. I have to buy it piece by piece since my wallet won't let me buy the whole kit at once. :(
    Just tried the snare and it KILLS! The snares can be über-sensitive or really "meaty". The drum itself handles all tunings well but I think the sweetspot can be found in the medium-high/high tunings. Obviously, the heads will be swapped out. As of now it's fitted with some pinstripe-knock off batter-side and some knock off snareside. I'll throw on som Aquarians (probably high energy) and tweak it some more.
    System of Power

User Info Menu

Love the color, the hoops, the lugs, the throw, the dimensions. I guess I just love your snare.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny G View Post
    Love the color, the hoops, the lugs, the throw, the dimensions. I guess I just love your snare.
    Me to!
    System of Power