Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there many other female drummers here?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Are there many other female drummers here?

Maybe we should start a special section on female drummers so they can share their drumming experiences, challenges amongst each other. Then this may grow into more females coming to our forum. Just a thought.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kristydani View Post
    Would like to say hi to all girl drummers on this site! I don't want to emphasise the fact I'm a girl, because I persinally dont think it matters, but I think we can agree that drumming is predominately seen as a 'male' hobby/interest/profession. Yet, who cares about conforming to gender expectations!? I'm all about breaking the boundaries!

Female drummers - I'd love to hear about you. I quite like the reactions I get when people find out I play

Responses include:

A) "Whoah, really!? That's so cool!"
    B) "Whoah! I never would have guessed you play the drums!"
    C) "Really? That's awesome! Is it hard? How long have you been playing? Are you in a band?"
    Hey kristy I too am a girl that enjoys drumming. only started learning to play a little over 2 years ago and when i go to classes i only saw mainly young boys and one or two girls and yes in Trinidad it is male dominated but you will see a few female drummers who are really good. If you are on instagram if you search there are many amazing female drummers. For me drumming has nothing to do with gender its either you are good at it or you are working to be good at it. I am currently working to be able to play drums to the best of my ability.

User Info Menu

I saw Sheila E play with one of the Ringo's All Starr concerts once...........wow !
    She played a great set that included a solo that displayed remarkable speed and power...............she had the stage to herself for a good 5 minutes.

When Ringo returned to the stage he said............"I gave her one lesson and look what happened !"

It was a good line because everyone in attendance, including Ringo, knew that she was the superior drummer in the band that night.

I also saw an interview with her one night on TV where she said..........."The drummer is always the coolest member of the band..................I love watching drummers."
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Maybe we should start a special section on female drummers so they can share their drumming experiences, challenges amongst each other. Then this may grow into more females coming to our forum. Just a thought.
    I'm still waiting on a "playing in a band" section...

User Info Menu

Well if it didn't happen yet jgzeigler it probably will never happen. Only the Moderator can.

User Info Menu

I don't think we need a separate section,If we have joined this forum it's because we are passionate about drums, that is what made me join.
    But that's just me!
    Bridie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bridie View Post
    If we have joined this forum it's because we are passionate about drums, that is what made me join.

Bridie
    As it should be.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

There are a lot of female drummers and musicians that YouTube has helped get out in the discussion of very good players. Drummers Senri Kawaguchi, Anika Nilles, and Emmanuelle Caplette are three excellent drummers that easily come to mind with chops, grooves, and great musicianship.

Jess Lewis is a young British guitar player that I believe has a world of future potential.

The world at least in this case of female musicians is changing for the better!

User Info Menu

There was a female drummer who I played percussion with several times...we always enjoyed playing together, and she was very good.
    In high school we had several girls in both the battery percussion and front ensemble.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Bridie is our other current female poster.
    Haven't seen Mrs. Bish on here in a while. Not sure if she played drums though...

Welcome to DC, Kristy.
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

I am a new female drummer and just wanting to reach out to the other lady drummers!

User Info Menu

Yes me! But don’t think we need a special section.